memphis

Parkour Station - Movement tutorial - 17/01 update 2017

thanks guys.

on a side note, thanks to the input in servers i realize i made stuff that won't work for newer players and it needs fixing (medium chambers) and other stuff around the map.

will try to fix asap

Been away from reflex for a while, I come back and look at the map and wow what a map. jumped on a dedi server with it up and lots of people practicing was a joy to see, and the the higher lv players showing low lv player how each area was done. Reminds me of the old days of defrag when people helped others.

Not only a great map to practice on but a great community map also. Great work memphis

Can someone explain / show on video how to complete this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425217899

You barely have any control while in the air even when turning the mouse and using strafe+forward,

so usually what happens is when I jump on the 2nd platform no matter what I do I continue to fly to the right side of the 3rd platform never being able to land on it.

Also is it possible to have a simpler section for strafejumping, something like 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425217745

but much longer and not broken into two parts?

Can someone explain / show on video how to complete this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425217899

You barely have any control while in the air even when turning the mouse and using strafe+forward,

so usually what happens is when I jump on the 2nd platform no matter what I do I continue to fly to the right side of the 3rd platform never being able to land on it.

Also is it possible to have a simpler section for strafejumping, something like 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425217745

but much longer and not broken into two parts?

1.You can turn in the air and earn speed by pressing strafe only. if you use WASD, press A if you turn left and D if you turn right, kinda like half life, qw, cs. You can also turn in the air by pressing only W, but you will not earn any speed, only mantain.

2.you have strafe pads in yellow section. it's one of the upper teleports on the main area.

I have just uploaded a new version of this map, check first post. I am planning to make a video with keypresses thru the whole map, however my pc is dead and i'm using a weak laptop. I'll try to sort out all these things anytime soon

UPDATED: CHECK FIRST POST. PARKOURSTATION-B70

fixed random stuff after playtesting with people and added race and freestyle portals. Yet to be finished.

cheers.

Updated on "[FR] Vil1 Defrag Server Exclusively" : 37.187.158.76:25787 ;)

Cheers

Thanks for the video on the first page, I had no idea you could do the strafe pads without holding forward.

sorry about that, the map is taking forever to build but once it's done I'll include an on screen tutorials as you go into different chambers. If you are a new player you may get a coach to tell you what to do in each room. People are generally friendly in race mode. Thanks for the input.

some updates,

-added RED section aka experienced room. Working on runs, for now only I and V are done.

-fixed teleports from yellow section. They are harder now. I might change stuff.

-added another  optional room inside bunnyhops yellow section. (easier runs)

-other stuff i can't remember.

upated "art", sort of say, added numbers to the chambers and im including small hits to complete the chambers. Hopefully that can be done much better in the future, it will not stay.

http://imgur.com/a/LAc2x

it also has a lot of fixes after some testing sessions with people from different skill levels.

have fun

updated for 0.37 and fixed the map a bit after testing with some new players

​Good stuff. And one thing I noticed is that one the yellow level when you enter the left one of the "race" tps there are still 64 unit headbumps which you can't fit in in 37. Should be an eady fix tho :)

On 10/28/2015 at 7:52 PM, Warlord Wossman said:

Good stuff. And one thing I noticed is that one the yellow level when you enter the left one of the "race" tps there are still 64 unit headbumps which you can't fit in in 37. Should be an eady fix tho :)

Thanks fixed that.

I also updated some stuff to make it better for first players. Added some chambers and changed some stuff in harder runs. Gonna get back into working the map to finish it asap, i'll be streaming this next week.

UPDATED TO 0.38

HF!

19 hours ago, Eldrek said:

Is the final tele jump actually possible in .38?

nope, i'm gonna upload another version for next release, like, a final one that i will never touch again.. hopefully a working one. The only reason i keep having buggy runs is because the map is so big, sometimes i forget to check places.

sorry for the inconvenience but you probably mastered telejumps by now (: D)