memphis

Parkour Station - Movement tutorial - 17/01 update 2017

6 hours ago, FozzeY said:

Seems like the map crashes after the 0.41 update. Are you planning on updating it?

yeah sorry, seems like it was something related with the new build, I think it will work next version if it didn't get fixed by now.

First of all I want to thank everyone who enjoyed the map and gave suggestions to make it better, people who still use this map to teach their friends was my main motivation to start a map from scratch, keeping in mind some of the features that were going to be added to training gamemode.

This new map is a single player - tutorial that you need to play in training mode. I tried to help people understand better how to use the movement in this game since the tutorials the game has right now are kinda... not what i expected lets say.

Keep in mind all of the rooms, sections, locations, props, missions, messages are really poor at the moment because I just want to have the progression done so I can finish off the map better when I have the whole thing even if it's not very finished. The unlocking system of the map is rather rudimentary as there isn't a working one.

Edit: i just want to release it here so u can explore and give more ideas or fixing small things... would be appreciated.

parkour_goat_ex.map

3 hours ago, memphis said:

First of all I want to thank everyone who enjoyed the map and gave suggestions to make it better, people who still use this map to teach their friends was my main motivation to start a map from scratch, keeping in mind some of the features that were going to be added to training gamemode.

This new map is a single player - tutorial that you need to play in training mode. I tried to help people understand better how to use the movement in this game since the tutorials the game has right now are kinda... not what i expected lets say.

Keep in mind all of the rooms, sections, locations, props, missions, messages are really poor at the moment because I just want to have the progression done so I can finish off the map better when I have the whole thing even if it's not very finished. The unlocking system of the map is rather rudimentary as there isn't a working one.

Edit: i just want to release it here so u can explore and give more ideas or fixing small things... would be appreciated.

parkour_goat_ex.map

This map and entire experience is fantastic, despite your current limitations with the triggers and such. Exactly what training needs to be, but I think something the devs simply don't have time to take on. I'm very happy that you have.

I absolutely love the atmosphere and half-life esque free roam objective approach to the map. The tutorials are wonderfully paced and baked in very naturally as you progress. The subtle features like the floating text with dots cuing where you should jump is great. I really hope you will take more time to continue refining the experience, adding additional meshes, etc.

I will run a few of my irl noob friends through this and get their opinions, feedback, and general experience with it, since I am quite biased. I'll try to get you more specific feedback on different elements soon.

Overall though the presentation is great and I would happily see this replace the entirety of the current offerings under the training tab. Really great work!

8 hours ago, Delementary said:

Overall though the presentation is great and I would happily see this replace the entirety of the current offerings under the training tab. Really great work!

that was my goal but if it is unlikely to happen

Great work @memphis, just tried it out now. Unfortunately training mode has a 10 minute limit and when you restart the map the obstacles are back. Not sure how to get around that. Looks to be excellent for newcomers though :) I'll try and put together some feedback for you!

41 minutes ago, Jaguar said:

Great work @memphis, just tried it out now. Unfortunately training mode has a 10 minute limit and when you restart the map the obstacles are back. Not sure how to get around that. Looks to be excellent for newcomers though :) I'll try and put together some feedback for you!

sv_timelimit_override 1000

Then reload map.

I just tried this one for some minutes. Its a huge project. I agree to that "Half Life feeling". Great job, but I don't know where to go after you grab the granades and open that door with the "parkoustation" sign. Where do I go next?

1 hour ago, Monti said:

I just tried this one for some minutes. Its a huge project. I agree to that "Half Life feeling". Great job, but I don't know where to go after you grab the granades and open that door with the "parkoustation" sign. Where do I go next?

Back down =)

On 8/12/2016 at 8:35 PM, Jaguar said:

the nades you need to pick them up to unlock more portals, the only reason u can open that entrance is to clear the way in case u die so u don't need to go all around the sewers again (there's also a faster secret way) : P