Sign in to follow this  
Pawanast

[solved] After closing Reflex computer is all laggy?

After closing reflex my computer feels sluggish. Like in foobar the music visualization thingy moves really slow and sluggish. New tabs in firefox open really slowly and the animation is sluggish. Would seem that something is slowing my pc down, but  my cpu usage is like 2 percent and memory usage 30 percent. After I log out and back again, or just restart my comp everything works. And this happens only when I've closed Reflex.
Reflex itself runs perfectly though.

That's a weird one. If Reflex is closed, it shouldn't be able to have any impact on your computers performance since well.. it's not running. I'll see if shooter has any ideas but it might just be a weird quirk of your PC.

Yeah, sounds weird I know. Could it be that Reflex is using something in windows and it stays on after I close reflex or alt tab etc? The thing I described happened today as I alt tabbed from Reflex, everything went to slugfest and videos didn't play well in youtube etc. Makes it hard to stream using OBS if I can't even alt tab.

Never had this problem before with any game. It's not probably the game itself, but something there brings up that on my PC.

After closing reflex my computer feels sluggish. Like in foobar the music visualization thingy moves really slow and sluggish. New tabs in firefox open really slowly and the animation is sluggish. Would seem that something is slowing my pc down, but  my cpu usage is like 2 percent and memory usage 30 percent. After I log out and back again, or just restart my comp everything works. And this happens only when I've closed Reflex.

Reflex itself runs perfectly though.

What OS please?

I'd guess, Windows 7 32bit?

Didn't expect that :)

Either way, I have an idea of what this is. ETA is probably couple weeks.

Thanks for the bug report!

Yeah me neither, I'll try to see if there's something that catches my eye and leads me to what's wrong :)

Pretty sure if this was a widespread problem there would be a lot more reports of it.  I do remember it happening to me once or twice in build 26 but haven't had that issue since.  Would be nice if he listed out his full system specs.  It could help.  Could be some software conflict like old audio drivers not releasing the game sounds and causing a buffer overflow issue.  I've actually had that happen in the past with other games.  Updating my audio driver fixed that.  Ensure you have the latest drivers for your motherboard like chipset driver, graphics, and HD audio drivers.

Pretty sure if this was a widespread problem there would be a lot more reports of it.  I do remember it happening to me once or twice in build 26 but haven't had that issue since.  Would be nice if he listed out his full system specs.  It could help.  Could be some software conflict like old audio drivers not releasing the game sounds and causing a buffer overflow issue.  I've actually had that happen in the past with other games.  Updating my audio driver fixed that.  Ensure you have the latest drivers for your motherboard like chipset driver, graphics, and HD audio drivers.

Yeah it certainly isn't a widespread problem. Something about my PC, it's just really weird as I explained my CPU and memory usage is low but computer is reaaaallly slow until I log out and log in / reboot.

I think I have the latest audiodrivers, but I'll check them just in case.

Specs:

Win 7 64 bit

Intel Xeon E3-1230V3

770 GTX

8 gb ram

:mellow:

Yeah it certainly isn't a widespread problem. Something about my PC, it's just really weird as I explained my CPU and memory usage is low but computer is reaaaallly slow until I log out and log in / reboot.

I think I have the latest audiodrivers, but I'll check them just in case.

Specs:

Win 7 64 bit

Intel Xeon E3-1230V3

770 GTX

8 gb ram

:mellow:

Ah yes I think I solved it. I'm using an USB dac with my headphones and normal realtek audio drivers with my speakers. I went through the processes that were on after closing reflex and computer getting laggy once again. I closed a realtek audio executable and the laggyness stopped. I guess it was a buffer overlow issue or something :)

That's what happens when old HD audio codecs have a buffer overflow.  It doesn't release the sound and can get stuck in an infinite loop within the driver even if you can't audibly hear it happening.  This was a major issue when HD audio was first released which is why I remember it so vividly.  Switching from analog to digital codecs for use with HDMI is originally what introduced it.  I want to say it was around 2006 or so that HD audio.  This issue came with HD audio right off the bat and persisted for years afterward.  It's always been an issue with realtek for some reason.  Look up the driver file date for your audio and make sure it's updated to something more recent hopefully at least 2012.  Updating to more recent HD audio drivers should hopefully fix it for you.  I had to go as far as looking up the realtek audio codec used on the mobo and finding a different but compatible driver from Realteks website.