Sign in to follow this  
SUCKMYROCKET

sell them hats!

you are probably already considering this, but just as reminder: when most gameplay and performance issues are solved, start selling different texture-sets for maps, weapons etc... different soundfiles and announcer-voices etc, everything what is not gameplay related but produces an income nevertheless )

While you are at it, make sure to sell +50% rocket launcher damage, +25% health packages and so on.

-> "start selling different texture-sets for maps, weapons etc... different soundfiles and announcer-voices etc, everything what is NOT gameplay related"

what for example was one of the biggest failures of quake live was to not go this way. noobs nowadays stick around a game if there is allways something new to explore aka buy(capitalism in ppl's brainwashed minds).

what do you consider bad in selling improved visual and audio aspects, which are NOT gameplay related?

and ofc those features are meant to be included after 1.0

you are probably already considering this, but just as reminder: when most gameplay and performance issues are solved, start selling different texture-sets for maps, weapons etc... different soundfiles and announcer-voices etc, everything what is not gameplay related but produces an income nevertheless )

That's the plan. Announcer will probably be one of the first things we do. We'll have to stick to small things until our art is further along.

Or just start the beta for the community workshop and take small royalties on the sales of said items.

They themselves should only be developing market items after 1.0 is completed, unless they are trying to lead by example or something.

Leading by example is the plan. We need more final (or final-ish) art in the game before we open things up for community contributions. Otherwise we'll quickly end up with a very patchwork theme and art style because there's nothing for the community artists to match the look of. We don't want this to happen for the same reason I'm sure Valve doesn't want high poly, photo realistic items in the Dota2 store ;)

Sweet, If I could buy different anouncers in QL I would have bought one instantly. I'd love to have an anouncer similar to the one in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq2Glc7hudY

Current QL anouncer sounds boring

Why similar? I did all of the arrangements for that announcer in CPMA and I was swapping emails with her a few months ago. I'll see if she's interested.

Our first announcer DLC will probably be Xian though (the original Q3A announcer).

Why similar? I did all of the arrangements for that announcer in CPMA and I was swapping emails with her a few months ago. I'll see if she's interested.

Our first announcer DLC will probably be Xian though (the original Q3A announcer).

Yesssss <3 Xian. Can we have any clues on what some of the lines will be? I doubt you can copy Q3As quotes word for word without attracting some legal issues. 

"Excellent!"

Also Hellchick hype :>