Sign in to follow this  
metrical

Is this an issue?

My friends keep saying I'm wallhacking, and I've never touched anything in this game's configuration files aside from game.cfg and it was given to me from my friend.

These player outlines have been here since I've installed the game, and I've paid no mind to them, but they say they don't have them.

I have no VAC Bans on record, and I haven't had any trouble connecting to the servers, and I've been fully supporting this game since I heard about it.

I'm legitimately not hacking and I'm worried something might happen to my account because of this. Is this a bug/glitch/exploit that I could have stumbled across? I'll reinstall tonight to see if it will still be there, but I want to prove that I'm not hacking. If I was, I wouldn't be just losing to everyone I play against, because I'm new to the Arena FPS Scene.

Below is a screenshot I took straight from the game, I'm running it from my Steam Library.

Speccy screenshot as well for those curious.

Please help, and thank you.

~Metrical

post-1289-0-15927200-1419035363_thumb.jp

post-1289-0-50170300-1419036188_thumb.pn

Merge with this?

Also, apparently more people have encountered this before. Although the scenario in your screenshot looks pretty thorny :X

Correct on the merge, and I haven't touched anything in my Reflex directory except game.cfg, I've had it evaluated and everyone said it's fine, I'm reinstalling the game currently, and if this happens again, then I'll wait for something to happen about it being fixed.

• Zotac Z77-ITX WiFi
  • Intel Core i3-3220
  • Prolimatech Samuel 17
  • SilverStone Sugo SG05
  • G.Skill Sniper DIMM Kit 8GB
  • XFX Radeon HD 7850 860M DDE [Driver-Packetversion: 14.301.1001-140915a-176154C] [Catalyst-Version 14.9]
  • Crucial M4 128GB, Samsung 830 64GB
  • Benq V2410 Eco
  • 300Watt SFX12V Mini
  • Windows 8 Pro 64Bit

Yeah, we know this happens for some people (and is not meant to). What kind of GPU do you have? We need to be able to reproduce it to fix it.

its easy to reproduce...

I remember something similar happening around 2007 with a specific line of Nvidia cards and DX9.  Leagues had to make a special exception to competitive rules that disallowed a specific card running as DX9 instead of DX10 because it allowed people to see through models like boxes, pipes, flowerpots, etc...  That heavily favored the player in games like counter strike and was labeled as a hardware exploit (cheat). 

Unbeknownst to us we had someone in our clan trying to get away with it and half of their team knew about it and told the player to keep it a secret (as if he wouldn't be caught).  League ruled that every game we played up to that point in the season was disqualified.  It was a fair ruling that we agreed with and accepted.  Really sucked because it was the 2nd to last game of the season and disqualified the entire team from playoff contention that we worked really hard to attain.  Needless to say we banned 3 people involved in the incident and had a lot of people that were furious about what they did.

Just want to say thank you for coming forward about it and doing the right thing even if it was only out of fear of a VAC ban.  You'd be surprised how many people would not only keep it a secret; but even try to enter league competitions with it thinking they'll magically get away with it.  You might get away with it for a couple games but not an entire season and certainly not important games such as playoff and tournament games.  Admins are very good about random checks and looking at screenshots for that kind of thing.  No cheater gets away with cheating forever and you'll disappoint your teammates more than anyone else for being a selfish POS human being.

I also occasionally have this issue, but it's not as extreme as in the first post. Enemies won't show up that far away, it's more like only randomly happening on pretty close quarters situations. And yeah, I have a Radeon card too.

said it a thousand times to newborn/shooter, but just in case i'll post my card as well ;)

raedon r9 270x

easy to reproduce on my card. usually happens around a vertex, and sometimes just plainly through a wall

I have the same issue. The weird thing is, I've only seen it recently, maybe since 0.29.2, or maybe it's because of config issues (someone mentioned something about having the editor config loaded?).

Anyway, yeah, r9 270x here.