def

[dp4] abandoned shelter

highlights of the yesterdays showcase:

http://youtu.be/usruxspxpPQ

http://youtu.be/4Zvg1S_yZMg

PS: last build is now included in reflex 0.30.2

I feel like dp4 is going to be in an offical map pool :D, love it! Keep up the good work.

I think it already is.  This map is damn good

nice to read this.

its not up to me to decide this

if the devs want it to be part of official reflex, i am not against it and they have all the rights for it. would make me very proud

i just wanna help reflex being successful in any ways. they game deserves it and for sure the devs do, too

http://youtu.be/ANqyAoT7zys

glad to see newborn playing duels the first time in reflex :D

u should play more often, u have the power ! :-)

i really enjoyed my stay in australia

Played rokky again today and have to agree, its too easy to control on this map. YA is too close to RA. If you are in control you can just shoot yourself and pick it up. Opponent is left with only GA. Another room far from RA might be necessary to move the YA to, and replace old YA with another GA.

The way I see it the problem is the RA being on the center of the map, the risky placement is good and knocking people down while they jump at it adds a lot to the gameplay, but the location is just bit unfortunate in my opinion, I can tell the mapping kicked off from that area. I can't think of any balanced map that had a mega item placed on the center of the map, Fuse (Xonotic version) is the only map that comes to my mind, albeit it had only MH + two 50a's. 

As I told Def before, I'd really hesitate to try to fix the balance of the map as the game stands.  Once mega timing has been changed, things will be a lot more dynamic, and it should be possible to force the in-control player into a lot more hard to make decisions.

Personally, I'm trying to keep my map feedback focused on geometry.  Does the map flow well?  Are there fun trick jumps?  Are there good choke points that can be used to the out-of-control player's advantage?

DP4 scores well on all of those, in my books.  Once the game has solidified, we can talk more about item balance.

Imagine the route from RA-YA-Mega. If you drop down from RA to YA and then to mega, that route is really short. Or the other way around, take mega, jump on RL, rocketjump to yellow and then rocketjump to RA from GL. (The rocketjumps only kill of very little health with the armor absorption rates)

I would place the YA in a more awkward position for the in control player. If that isn't possible, I'm afraid you'll have to change the map architecture a bit.

As it stands now I don't see an ideal location for YA from the top off my head.

new update out, plz update servers

clipping fixed, added new YA and changed GA, made sky darker

update again:

oops, took dp5 files in the zip by mistake instead of dp4. fixed

This is a really cool map, one of my favorites in Reflex so far.

Some thoughts:

- I'm not sure about the scale of the two primary arenas, they feel just a tad bit too large for me.

- It would be nice with a faster way to get up through the GA area.