A. Benz

Top (max) 5 things, that you dislike the most about Reflex (05.01.2015)

is floor damage intended? I've gotta say that definitely needs to go asap. duel is going to be really awkward with it. i was getting weird kills today just from that splash and floor damage.

We were aware it would be there the moment we did splash damage but the planned system isn't quite so easy to implement. We want to fix stair-armor and allow splash through certain surfaces. The current damage through walls is definitely going though.

We were aware it would be there the moment we did splash damage but the planned system isn't quite so easy to implement. We want to fix stair-armor and allow splash through certain surfaces. The current damage through walls is definitely going though.

so if there's a wall between me and someone else (we are on the same level horizontally) and I shoot the wall, if he's close on the other side he will receive damage?

so if there's a wall between me and someone else (we are on the same level horizontally) and I shoot the wall, if he's close on the other side he will receive damage?

Right now? He'll receive damage if he's anywhere within the splash radius.

When we fix it? Only if it's a really thin/special wall.

-Proper rotate function in map editor

-more models

-hud options

-callvote maps list patch

-Future update Tier system

Can't really complain, enjoy the game and like learning and improving my skills over time. Progression is key and it seems that this community has great base to work off of !

- Ennemy name : Too much blue guys, I would like to know who I hit in atdm

- Ramps : What speed breakers

- No sound when I get damage : Horrible when I don't get that I am focused by behind during a fight.

- Collision with players : Getting stopped by a little guy when I'm running at 1000+ ups isn't fun. It's like if Usain Bolt could be stop instantly by a tiny girl who would cross the race.

- Fastrail : Oh God, I miss the combos Ion Canon/Rocket & Ion Canon/Bolt Rifle

- People who connect on a server and say "What a shitty map" after 10 secondes.

Sorry, I'm not good at math

Originally, the stake gun WAS a replacement for the bolt rifle but it just didn't play well. The useful ranges and roles of it ended being pretty close to rockets. So, the current problem is "Why stake when you can bolt?" and if you remove the bolt it immediately becomes "Why bolt when you can rocket?". We'll find a suitable role for stake or we'll remove it (probably adding the stake jumps to the BR instead). I'm not going to be making those kinds of decisions until the core game is more complete though as things like the netcode update could easily change the usefulness of the Stakes.

It doesn't need to be tier 1. Why not spawn with it and a single shot? It's not hard to punish a spawner that uses it even if they land the shot.

Leave the LG as it is alright? And if you make the LG overheat after a while, that is going to be just HORRIBLE! Overheat = Reloading, we don't want reloading in the arena game. I played a game where the LG actually does overheat overtime (The game is called Minimum), and if you encounter someone with a rocket launcher it is time for you to say GG. You are going to get owned.

Maybe look at the date of a post at some point ....

"we don't want reloading in the arena game" ... dunno what "we" you are talking about. Every weapon (except for the ion-cannon) has a "reload" time in Reflex applying your logic of what a reload is. So ...dunno.... apparently "we" want reloading.

I only dislike when someone shot me, i have problems notice this in big matches with a lot ppl, the sound when someone hit me could better and different from other hit sounds. I guess.

Yeh me too, the best fix for this would be to code the game so that I cannot ever take damage from anyone else, this would apply only to me.

1. something is making this game faster than cpm, no clue what, i hope they slow it down a bit.

-to elaborate a bit: the close quarters combat feels alot more like warsow than cpm. the players are really up in each others faces and you end up shooting rockets really close to your own feet. in cpm, even in really close quarters combat with both players using rocketlaunchers, the players had a bit more distance and the combat appeared more "controlled".

i'm not sure whats causing this, but this is my main gripe.

2. the 3d sound is frustrating, but i understand that its not really finished at all.

3. im really looking forward to tdm, since i loved playing cpm tdm. having played vq3 tdm aswell, i also hope you chose to NOT USE weapondrop. i really disliked that part in cpm tdm. see kovaaks rant on tdm.

4. floor damage, i do not approve

1. something is making this game faster than cpm, no clue what, i hope they slow it down a bit.

-to elaborate a bit: the close quarters combat feels alot more like warsow than cpm. the players are really up in each others faces and you end up shooting rockets really close to your own feet. in cpm, even in really close quarters combat with both players using rocketlaunchers, the players had a bit more distance and the combat appeared more "controlled".

i'm not sure whats causing this, but this is my main gripe.

Totally agree, exactly how it feels to me.

Not been playing very long, and come from q3 cpma and warsow this is what i can think of

1. The game mode affa should be like ffa but with no self damage and warmup-mode enabled before ready (now you wont be able to play warmup-mode with affa but with ffa for some reason - auto ready and game on). I love playing warmup with friends only because its a lot of fight and fast revenges and you have more chance of killing the other player after you've been killed.

(This could easily be fixed by letting the players vote (or admin set) e.g. self damage.)

2. Hold space to keep jumping (from warsow, this was epic)

3. Remove/lower through-walls damage.

4. Fullbright models

5. Steam workshop for maps etc.

I think this thread should be renamed to "5 thinks you think should be changed in the next release" because I feel this post belongs in a thread like that.

I think the landing/hitting the ground sound is a bit too loud and maybe it should have a height check before it's played? At the moment it's played after every jump as you land(no matter from what height you fall) and the sound is so loud compared to other sounds that it masks the soundscape too much. Maybe it's intended?

Spawn raping is just part of the game, mkay?

Random occasional bad luck is better than predictable spawns or any kind of information where the player will/won't spawn, random spawns is just simply the best way to make spawn killing difficult because you can't prepare for it. Newborn mentioned once "random, but not twice on the same spawn", and in my opinion that would be win.

"Spawn raping" being a part of any game Is an obvious symptom of bad balance, especially if it's prevalent in players of equal skill Level.

"Spawn raping" being a part of any game Is an obvious symptom of bad balance, especially if it's prevalent in players of equal skill Level.

Not really. It goes both ways. Once the other player has control, they get to do the same. It's all about making the most of the time you have map control. At least, it seems that way to me.

Not really. It goes both ways. Once the other player has control, they get to do the same. It's all about making the most of the time you have map control. At least, it seems that way to me.

Well now I personally believe that offense should of course have the advantage, as they have power weapons/armour/etc... Because map control should be important, but at the moments it's to the point where to me gaining back map control after someone else has it is too difficult, and that the weapon you spawn with should at east be able to hold its own.

Honestly I'd probably make the starting weapon fire a bit faster, and deal less damage. The point being weapons like that require less skill than others. Basically to me a spawn weapon should be your most simple and easy to use weapon, but can still sort of hold its own.

edit: Boiled down I mean that start weapon should have a longer optimal ttk, but make it easy to achieve said ttk. While most power weapons have lower ttk, but only if used correctly.

Well now I personally believe that offense should of course have the advantage, as they have power weapons/armour/etc... Because map control should be important, but at the moments it's to the point where to me gaining back map control after someone else has it is too difficult

I agree that on some maps it is too difficult to take back map control. I made a thread about it.