A. Benz

Top (max) 5 things, that you dislike the most about Reflex (05.01.2015)

4. stupid start up music and gameplay. i dont want to be assed to deal with loud stuff as soon as i launch the game, let me join a server first

Go into the game files and replace the menu demo with a blank file. Find "menu.wav" or whatever its called and replace it with whatever you find more fitting, provided its in the same format. I have mine set up to play Strauss.

As a developer, this thread continues to feel a bit like "players want everything finished instantly" ;)

It's like harassing your parents about something: the more you do it, the faster you get what you want. :)

As a developer, this thread continues to feel a bit like "players want everything finished instantly" ;)

:P

It's like harassing your parents about something: the more you do it, the faster you get what you want. :)

:D

1. Game demos are only saved to the server rather than my own files.

2. Main menu is still too loud. The game demo sound playing in BG should just be muted completely. Keep the music, it's awesome, just not too loud though.

3. Not able to balance people in the air with IC knock back.

4. Gun sound positioning is just terrible.

5. Lack of ranked matchmaking (People join a sever, get shit on, then never play the game again). I have about 4 people on my friends list who only have 0.1 - 0.5 hours game time played, and it's probably due to this.

Oh as Stalast said, the main menu is far too loud and I usually listen to my own music, so it would be nice if we could turn off the menu music.

find "menu.wav" in the game files and swap it out with music of your choosing.

apart from things that are obviously unfinished:

- stakegun damage is too low

- chaingun not being a projectile

- swapping to a weapon you dont have swaps to starting blaster

- friction is too low. jumping around feels great but running is a little ice-skatey

- the electrobolt isnt a railgun. ion cannon is ok and chaingun is definitely a cooler theme, but electrobolt was boring in ut and its boring today

- no instant weapon switch

ye theres 6 but im a real rebellious kid

- the electrobolt isnt a railgun. ion cannon is ok and chaingun is definitely a cooler theme, but electrobolt was boring in ut and its boring today

Fret not. The tiny bit of art we've seen so far has been awesome. I mean, just look at the robot gibs or the rocket launcher. They look amazing. I'm totally confident that electrobolt and everything else will look and feel badass.

1 the spawnpoints are annoying after a time just spawning in the face of a full stacked enemy

2 cl_show_gun 0 would like to have fixed that. it feels like LG is coming from my feet then and the shaft is as thin as a toothpick

3 the just downcounting time

4 the way to small timer and the right corner

5 none

find "menu.wav" in the game files and swap it out with music of your choosing.

Sorry, I shoulda have read the previous page of the thread before posting. Thanks anyway though

Sorry, I shoulda have read the previous page of the thread before posting. Thanks anyway though

Its fine.. I need to make a post on the forums reminding everyone that you can do that again, everyone seems to have forgotten :(

1 the spawnpoints are annoying after a time just spawning in the face of a full stacked enemy

3 the just downcounting time

4 the way to small timer and the right corner

they said they were experimenting with being able to see your next spawn location before you spawn, which is something that imo should have been in quake for yonks

i really hope they dont go full retard and force one way clocks like in cpma teamplay, but hey they have a clock in 1v1 so i suppose they cant be too stupid ;^)

i do find it bewildering that they added chat x and y coordinates before timer x and y

also i found a new one:

cl_playercolour0

cl_crosshair_color

1. Fast Ground Accel causing players to reach full run speed almost instantaneously.

2. Ion Cannon knockback being so weak that a player can run in a perfectly straight line into it and not be slowed down one bit. Possibly related to point #1 too. Tested it with a 33 unit wide hallway, your speed stays at full 320 while being IC'd.

3. Ion Cannon knockback being so weak that you cant even carry a player jumping on your head in a 33x33 hole.

4. Ion Cannon knockback being weaker than every single gun, including Burst Gun.

5. Ion Cannon

1. Fast Ground Accel causing players to reach full run speed almost instantaneously.

2. Ion Cannon knockback being so weak that a player can run in a perfectly straight line into it and not be slowed down one bit. Possibly related to point #1 too. Tested it with a 33 unit wide hallway, your speed stays at full 320 while being IC'd.

3. Ion Cannon knockback being so weak that you cant even carry a player jumping on your head in a 33x33 hole.

4. Ion Cannon knockback being weaker than every single gun, including Burst Gun.

5. Ion Cannon

1. Already fixed in dev builds. Would have been fixed in 0.31.x but it would have forced a server update, which we wanted to avoid after making massive changes to the code.

2-5. It's been said elsewhere repeatedly, but IC knockback is deliberately nearly zero until we make some changes to the knockback system. Under the current system, it creates a really shitty feeling cripple effect as it lifts you slightly off the ground every 66ms, preventing you from having any control at all. I can up it to the levels you want if you insist (it'll only take 3 seconds) but it will completely break the game since the moment someone hits you with IC, you're stuck.

1. Already fixed in dev builds. Would have been fixed in 0.31.x but it would have forced a server update, which we wanted to avoid after making massive changes to the code.

2-5. It's been said elsewhere repeatedly, but IC knockback is deliberately nearly zero until we make some changes to the knockback system. Under the current system, it creates a really shitty feeling cripple effect as it lifts you slightly off the ground every 66ms, preventing you from having any control at all. I can up it to the levels you want if you insist (it'll only take 3 seconds) but it will completely break the game since the moment someone hits you with IC, you're stuck.

Good to know, looking forward to the changes/fixes! I know it was mentioned elsewhere but never really saw an answer to it, or maybe I just didn't dig deep enough. Glad to hear it's getting attention.