matt_au

Jerkiness with certain values of com_maxfps

I'm afraid I'm now (version 0.31) getting this problem regardless of my com_maxfps value :(

It's playable, but feels like I'm stuck on a low refresh rate.

I need to go now, but if I'm the only one getting this then I'll come back later and give any details that might help track down the cause.

I'm afraid I'm now (version 0.31) getting this problem regardless of my com_maxfps value :(

It's playable, but feels like I'm stuck on a low refresh rate.

I need to go now, but if I'm the only one getting this then I'll come back later and give any details that might help track down the cause.

I'm getting the exact same problem with the latest version, last version felt smooth.

Now I can get higher fps if I want, but everything feels like it's on a low refreshrate.

Yeah, time to dig this thread up again. It's interesting because the problem seems far more widespread in 0.31.0 than it seemed to be in previous versions. Some people are reporting that if you turn dynamic light off before connecting to a server, then turn it back on once you have, things work. This makes no sense to me but whatever, if it works.

Yeah, time to dig this thread up again. It's interesting because the problem seems far more widespread in 0.31.0 than it seemed to be in previous versions. Some people are reporting that if you turn dynamic light off before connecting to a server, then turn it back on once you have, things work. This makes no sense to me but whatever, if it works.

Just reporting that trying this did not do anything for me, still the same problem. Let's hope you find out what bug this is :P

Problem persists... I think its somehow cpu related.

Tested some and with maxfps 100 my cpu usage was 7%, with 150 13% and with 0 over 25% which is more than one core. Got 2500k @4GHz which should be more than enought for such a simple game, it runs even all the BF's with their crazy physics well...

Heres a video with debuggers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9yHKIs1bPapUGs2SWU0RGpzbkU/view?usp=sharing

edit.

quality seems to be little low on the player, press download on the top of page so u can actually see text and debug

Problem persists... I think its somehow cpu related.

Tested some and with maxfps 100 my cpu usage was 7%, with 150 13% and with 0 over 25% which is more than one core. Got 2500k @4GHz which should be more than enought for such a simple game, it runs even all the BF's with their crazy physics well...

Heres a video with debuggers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9yHKIs1bPapUGs2SWU0RGpzbkU/view?usp=sharing

edit.

quality seems to be little low on the player, press download on the top of page so u can actually see text and debug

So, it looks like we've still got a bug causing jerkiness, which is the spikey red profiler bug. This is definitely a different bug to the one we stomped in 31.2.

[0.31.2] In this update I am getting issue 2. jerkiness with a smooth red bar as described in this thread, prior to this specific version [0.31.2] I had 0 issues regarding stuttering/jerkiness, even [0.31.1] didn't have this issue. The higher I put my com_maxfps value, the less obvious this stuttering is. After doing testing I can say that:

• com_maxfps 75 - Completely unplayable
  • com_maxfps 150 - Jerky 
  • com_maxfps 240 - Slightly jerky
    com_maxfps 480 - No jerkyness, game runs like how it used to (butter smooth)

My config is as follows:

m_speed 6.71953
r_fullscreen 1
r_refreshrate 75
r_resolution 1920 1080
cl_input_subframe 1
com_maxfps 240

r_fxaa 1
r_bloom 0
r_decals 0
r_dynamic_lights 0
r_dynamic_shadows 0
r_shader_quality 0
r_texture_quality 0
r_effect_quality 0
r_shadow_quality 0
r_texture_resolution 2
r_texture_microdetails 0
cl_gibs_maxcount 1
r_high_vis 1

Some other things I should maybe mention are that my mouse polling rate is 1000 Hz and monitor refresh rate is 75 Hz.

Ok when I spectate a game at com_maxfps 150, it's butter smooth, no stuttering like I have when playing. So the issue must be something to do with input.

Also my friend has the same issue as me. He's using the same graphics card as me but with Catalyst 14.11 beta driver.