Sign in to follow this  
AceDauntless

[NA] Reflex Tournament: Sign up now!

my understanding was that people were planning to avoid using cpm maps in reflex duel tournaments and the like

while I personally think it would be a good thing to allow them, I don't think it would make sense to include breizdm4 and not have aerowalk or 3a added to the mix 

my understanding was that people were planning to avoid using cpm maps in reflex duel tournaments and the like

while I personally think it would be a good thing to allow them, I don't think it would make sense to include breizdm4 and not have aerowalk or 3a added to the mix 

i am down for some 22 until a new, SOLID, pool is made. not 3a though. at least all quakers have some xp on aero 

are all those maps a part of the official release? If not can the devs snag out like 30.5 to include those that are missing so there is no 'oh that map is not on this server therefore I can't practice it'?

are all those maps a part of the official release? If not can the devs snag out like 30.5 to include those that are missing so there is no 'oh that map is not on this server therefore I can't practice it'?

newborn and I talked about having breizdm4 as an "official" map sadly I literally cannot find any trace of eizid since like 2008. So we really cannot have that map be officially in the game until he gives permission for it to be. I'm still somewhat attempting to get a hold of him but it's really not seeming like it's going to happen since the people I have asked have not seen or heard of him in nearly 10 years. Hopefully I can find a way to contact him soonish and get the map to be a part of the game since I think it's a great map that really did not get much playtime in cpm compared to the big 3.

newborn and I talked about having breizdm4 as an "official" map sadly I literally cannot find any trace of eizid since like 2008. So we really cannot have that map be officially in the game until he gives permission for it to be. I'm still somewhat attempting to get a hold of him but it's really not seeming like it's going to happen since the people I have asked have not seen or heard of him in nearly 10 years. Hopefully I can find a way to contact him soonish and get the map to be a part of the game since I think it's a great map that really did not get much playtime in cpm compared to the big 3.

my point was more so the maps from the mappol are available on all servers :) they dont have to become part of official reflex and I have probably misspoken about that part.

I'm not opposed to removing it, but any suggestions on a replacement map?  I'd like to keep 5, but please no 3a or 22.

impdm1 playes very well i guess

impdm1 playes very well i guess

Im still puzzled as to why you dont want to give this a go

I dont think I gave it enough of a chance,  I played one duel on it and it was really easy to just keep picking up spawn frags, and I just thought some things were weird.  If people are enjoying it, and that video did make it look pretty enticing.

I think what I'll do is I'll wait today out, and see what other suggestions people give, and then I'll do a vote for all the suggested maps.

I'll suggest xdm4 because I like it. Also fjorxtourney1 is overlooked for being a pretty good duel map.

Also, curious as to where this rule came from

Map selection for bo3 will be drop drop pick pick pick

Isn't this supposed to be pick pick drop drop <default tiebreaker>? I've never played in a quake cup which did it like this and it seems silly to even pick maps beyond dropping two since you must play the other 3 anyway.

I'll suggest xdm4 because I like it. Also fjorxtourney1 is overlooked for being a pretty good duel map.

Also, curious as to where this rule came from

Isn't this supposed to be pick pick drop drop <default tiebreaker>? I've never played in a quake cup which did it like this and it seems silly to even pick maps beyond dropping two since you must play the other 3 anyway.

The reason I'm doing drop before picks is because in this stage in the game, the maps are fairly untested, and if someone really hates a map I don't want to force people to play it.  I want to use this as a method to kind of organically find out which maps people like.  Once again, this is a big reason I'm not putting anything on the line I'm just experimenting with stuff.  As with everything I'm wiling to change it, if people think its stupid or dont want to.

Since this is single elimination, are you going to manually seed players?  If not, there stands a fair chance of the semi-finals or even quarter-finals having the best players face off.

Also, I second THCDM13.

Since this is single elimination, are you going to manually seed players?  If not, there stands a fair chance of the semi-finals or even quarter-finals having the best players face off.

Also, I second THCDM13.

I would like to manually seed players but atm there is no way to accurately gauge player skill, short of joining a server and playing each player myself.

For this one its gonna be like this, for the next one I'd like to have a double elimination and some other quality of life improvements for the players.

Also it seems pretty unanimous so I'm updating the map pool, thcdm13 it is!

So, since it seems like there isn't going to be another gameplay patch before this tournament, I have to ask - what is the ruling on deaths caused by melting in lava?  Right now, it doesn't subtract a frag away, so it's kind of a cheesy way to deny points in a match.

I'm not sure if I will be free on FEB 7th, I really wanted to join >_<. Take me out for somebody else or hold me in if I could last minute it; but I don't want to cause any delays so take me out. IGN: 5onic