tehace

thcdm13 - Simplicity

I was running around v5a this morning. It's interesting, I think I still might like v2 better in terms of item placement. I won't really know without a few games in on it though.

As for the aesthetics, they're nice, but at the same time it feels somewhat lacking. I think it'd go a long ways if you put in something to break up the tiles every once in a while. A different colored tile, a mesh, some sort of design or emblem, anything would nice just to break up the larger chunks.

​im just after the tetris pass as I've messed the plates so they're not a check-board :)

there is a thcdm13-v6 version on some host (turbopixels and my PL host for sure) available if you want to check it out, still a WIP so build lm on your own risk ;p although it have a full nolight no shouldnt take THAT long.

Im aware of the issue where you can hop on 2units panels Im going to add clip to that but that will come last.

Edited by tehace

im getting quite a bit of dips with the sun 1 enabled, not really sure why is that though. I had some people having drops others havent got them sun 0 defineteley helps.

even building the LM takes AGES oO ..... was at 30% after 30 minutes. holy shit.

​have you turned the sun off? If i build the lm with the sun I can make a dinner and take a shower and its still building ;p

ok so I've just talked with shooter about this and here are some of the conclusion:

1. you cant play this map on a toaster while having reflex 'maxed out

2. textures are not the problem

3. try r_profiler 1 and see what chops your performance down it will most likely be the shadows to improve it you can:

• use static shadows r_shadow_quality 1
  • turn the sun off r_sun 0
  • with the two above I dont have any dips whatsoever

Do not, I repeat DO FUCKING NOT build the lm wiht the r_sun 1

I'm getting 300-400 FPS on the older version. On this one i get maybe 200 with HARD dips. I will look at the profiler after building the LM...which will take about 5 hours i assume, yes...without sun.

( that's with EVERYTHING off/low and 720p .... )

Edited by FPSports - A. Benz

wut​

​yep walkign shadows, its because the meshes are out of level boundaries which are defined by the brushes if you put a brush box above the tree its all good :D im going to remove the trees anyway for now since they seems like the're not finished and are causing massive fps drops for people with lower end gpus (althogh dips are noticeable on all configs from what we have tested).

New version looks amazing

...too bad for the trees but anyway players won't have time to look at  the sky while fragging :lol:

just a stupid question about the new lovely texturing:

I've seen the Armors and MegaHealth pads are pretty good looking [new models I guess]

Are they coming with next update or already in the folders hidden somewhere?

I was on turbopixel the other day and was like a kid saying "wtf" with open mouth looking at those pads in spectator, 

New version looks amazing

...too bad for the trees but anyway players won't have time to look at  the sky while fragging :lol:

just a stupid question about the new lovely texturing:

I've seen the Armors and MegaHealth pads are pretty good looking [new models I guess]

Are they coming with next update or already in the folders hidden somewhere?

I was on turbopixel the other day and was like a kid saying "wtf" with open mouth looking at those pads in spectator, 

​thanks, the weapon pads were actually introduced quite a while ago, probably with the first set of assets, you can get them in

internal/weapons/pad_weapon/pad_weapon

ok guys so its time to sort all this version-mess out here is the download link for the new updated thcdm13

http://thc333.com/reflex/thcdm13/

I have uploaded it on turbopixel hosts, my pl host and wallen HAXAN CLOACK, Ill try to get the phgp servers up to date as well (currently phgp texas have it already).

I'll try to work it out so the proper version called regularly thcdm13 is available in more places.

If you want to have a look at the fps dipping trees here is your link -

thc333.com/reflex/thcdm13/source/thcdm13-v6.zip

if the polycount on the trees get to the reasonable amount I'll update the map back with the trees until they cause performance issues they're not coming back ;p

Edited by tehace