Arthur

Anyone else really like the dev textures

Just wanted to say that I think the game looks really nice with the dev textures, and or though I look forward to seeing the gothic and ruined themes, I would like to see some maps keep the clinical dev texture look.

Maybe not worth a thread, but there you go

I like them but I would like to have more controls over the materials like I would like to make them mate so they dont shine that much etc. and probably have them store colour information based on sliders instead of predefined files for just several colours :)

i personally think they're awful and ugly. they looked sorta cool when i first got a build a while back, but now, they're stale and i feel that they hinder visibility

I hope they arent going for the orthodox industrial, gothic or post-apocalyptic design like in every other shooter. I love the geometric style of the dev-textures, hopefully they can find something that expands on this. Maybe in the direction of Portal or Mirrors Edge. That would also be a good fit with the whole robot-thing and provide high contrast for gameplay. Some sort of artificial machince-world.

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/07/17/lessons-from-swiss-style-graphic-design/

I think the player models/outlines are a much bigger reason for it being hard to see people sometimes, even if the dev textures aren't kept, I would really like to see an almost "aperture labratores" type theme