Sign in to follow this  
rec

Players stat tracking?

Hey,

Few days ago I attached to reflex with ollydbg and started my journey. I made a simplest code injection and used hardcoded methods to add my custom commands to console in game. I'd like to continue my journey and to develop something like ql's launcher with player stats and other cool stuff. I am interested to know what community thinking about it. Devs are busy now and cant do stats for players right now but I can and would like to. :) Do we need something like this? I am unemployed right now so I can spend all my time to develop this. I am looking forward for any ideas what we need to implement in "launcher"! 

Also I'd like to know opinion from Turbo Pixel Studio about reflex RE. Do you allow to me continue to RE game and to develop tools like this? I am ready to cooperate with you and to provide sources by your request.

Just little screenshot of my code injection

post-1442-0-36372800-1423695335_thumb.jp

Okay, so we actually find stuff like this pretty cool. We all took our first steps in game dev by tearing apart games and seeing how they worked. We still enjoy doing stuff like that. But there's a couple of disclaimers.

The one that applies to everything is: We love projects to support Reflex and we appreciate the work people put into them but one day we might come along and stomp everything they've built by doing our own official version.

The one that applies to this in particular: You might at some point make some anticheat angry at you. We'll do what we can to make sure no one is banned for something innocent but once something is flagged, that'll possibly be the end of it.

Aside from those though, go nuts. If you do anything particularly cheaty, let us know so we can fix it ;)

Okay, so we actually find stuff like this pretty cool. We all took our first steps in game dev by tearing apart games and seeing how they worked. We still enjoy doing stuff like that. But there's a couple of disclaimers.

The one that applies to everything is: We love projects to support Reflex and we appreciate the work people put into them but one day we might come along and stomp everything they've built by doing our own official version.

The one that applies to this in particular: You might at some point make some anticheat angry at you. We'll do what we can to make sure no one is banned for something innocent but once something is flagged, that'll possibly be the end of it.

Aside from those though, go nuts. If you do anything particularly cheaty, let us know so we can fix it ;)

Hey, Newborn!

I glad to hear that I can do it.

AFAIK anticheats looking on some part of memory, not whole process memory.I don't see reasons to hook render methods so if i would like to display something, i'll call built-in methods. Anyway we cant know for sure what will happen so lets just do it :D

That's for answer! :)

Maybe in the future they will implement an API so we can get stats and other cool info without making a hook. The server could controll a players access to the API so certain things that a mapper might want wouldnt be used in a 1v1 for example.

Maybe in the future they will implement an API so we can get stats and other cool info without making a hook. The server could controll a players access to the API so certain things that a mapper might want wouldnt be used in a 1v1 for example.

Devs have announced stat tracking and matchmaking a few times I believe.