tehace

thctourney2 (thct2) - Pocket Infinity

Thanks wallen for all the duels you've played on it :) it helped to point out some issues already.

here is some random game I captured during testing the map is slightly different already :)

the maps atm are just mostly layouts so it helps out with the time :)

map is on TurboPixel Appreciation Society servers if you want to try it out, thanks newborn. Its also on my PL/FR host + thanks to flamez on his 148.251.87.116:25788 teh hash party if its visible in the server browser as there was some issues with that lately.

Its a great map really, one of the best if not the best for current Reflex game balance. It may be a bit too open, but other than that its awesome. Love the RA trap especially.

What comes to all replays I'd rather watch player who gets the frag or then winning player, watching only losing player pov isnt as entertaining as he is playing backfoot most of the time

Its a great map really, one of the best if not the best for current Reflex game balance. It may be a bit too open, but other than that its awesome. Love the RA trap especially.

What comes to all replays I'd rather watch player who gets the frag or then winning player, watching only losing player pov isnt as entertaining as he is playing backfoot most of the time

I'm sure I'll get some videos from your pov as well, for me its interesting to see both perspectives and seeing how many videos from the winning pov I have its good to mix it up sometime. Fun fact I started to record the second game from your pov but you lost like 14:2 in 3min and forfeits the game so I switched back to rokky but than you won again and I ended up having all videos from the looser perspective :D

As a side note I have a video of mazu's "bind w back" incoming ;D

updated the map (same link)

• added clip (thx mazu)
  • fixed tps so you're not stuck on the outer rimms
  • fixed several visible nolights that were missed

I'm sure I'll get some videos from your pov as well, for me its interesting to see both perspectives and seeing how many videos from the winning pov I have its good to mix it up sometime. Fun fact I started to record the second game from your pov but you lost like 14:2 in 3min and forfeits the game so I switched back to rokky but than you won again and I ended up having all videos from the looser perspective :D

As a side note I have a video of mazu's "bind w back" incoming ;D

Hahhah :D

Needed to play few games before I figured out how to play vs him when he is using that passive style :)

Map feels really great and I find it funny when some new player to the map plays it and says "map is really good" after 5 minutes of play. This has happened with like every single person who joined to the server when I was playing.

Had fun learning and figuring the map out with jjjuho.

About that passive play style of mine... jjjuho is a really good player and with my capabilities, aggressive play is not an option for me haha. Sometimes it feels like a suicide challenging with slightly higher stack. But love the map giving great options for stalling, backing and setting up traps. From top floors like RA area you can assault MH area within 3 seconds so it is not slow map either.

I've only seen a handful of maps cause I started playing recently, but this one is definitely my favorite map so far. The lava placement really couldn't have been any better, in both of the areas where there are big pickups it feels risky to contest them even against an opponent who only has 100/0 and a RL/GL, because you might get bounced into lava and lose your stacks or potentially get killed. You can't steamroll an opponent who is down by just aggressively pushing into him with superior stacks and keeping the control the map without taking at least some damage. It's really hard to tell the outcome of a duel on this map, which makes it exciting to both play and spec.

the map got an update with the new meshes available in .36 you can check the screenshots below

http://thc333.com/reflex/thct2style/

or you can play it on turbopixel hosts as thct2style

please keep in mind that the map doesnt have the full clip pass done yet so you might still get stuck on something I'll provide you with a download link once its done. As of right now you can only download the lm http://thc333.com/reflex/thct2style/source/thct2style.zip that is prebuild for the version available on those hosts.