I4N

ZTN

Still not done but i'll upload it anyway if anyone wants to try and maybe give some feedback. 

http://reflexfiles.com/file/199

Having troubles with light leaks and also some textures that needs to be down/up sized and rotated. Is there any way to change the snap distance when rotating the textures? 

If you look at the last picture you can see what i mean. (At roof top and also light leaks straight through YA)

Rotating textures uses the keys , and . as you probably know... alas the rotation angle seems to be locked to steps of 45° (IIRC)... so certain brush faces simply cannot properly be aligned yet, alas.

Light leaks you will have to live with, until the engin (compile update fixes that).

Rotating textures uses the keys , and . as you probably know... alas the rotation angle seems to be locked to steps of 45° (IIRC)... so certain brush faces simply cannot properly be aligned yet, alas.

Light leaks you will have to live with, until the engin (compile update fixes that).

Yeah, as expected! 

I've noticed that it helps sealing of the map with an extra nolight brush. But more detailed stuff is hard to fix with out ruining the design or w/e. :(

Blocking light using extra nolight (darkcaulk) converted brushes is basically sealing off the skylight. So that indeed should help.

A large "box without a lid on it" placed under most maps, nolight-textured, should block all light from the sides and below. Bringing light bleeding to a minimum. Outcome depends on how much you can look out of your map (e.g. via windows) or how open it is. Might be something to try... personally never did it though.

Blocking light using extra nolight (darkcaulk) converted brushes is basically sealing off the skylight. So that indeed should help.

A large "box without a lid on it" placed under most maps, nolight-textured, should block all light from the sides and below. Bringing light bleeding to a minimum. Outcome depends on how much you can look out of your map (e.g. via windows) or how open it is. Might be something to try... personally never did it though.

Seems you'd have to think at it like this! 

I've also notices that player clips are blocking the light to some surfaces. For an example, this has a player clip and this doesn't. 

Yes... ideally player clip does not contact any brushwork at ALL... but if you look at my map AEdm7R (see sig), I was able to get away with a bit of touching of brushwork.

Imagine a doorway, and a corner right next to it. You would normally put a triangular brush (seen from above) into that corner to be able to slide long to wall an slide into the opening in the doorway... i.e. to facilitate running backwards and hit the door opening.

Now if you place the triangular brush flush against the two walls of the corner you will have lighting issues. But if you move it away from both walls by 1u they suddenly get snagged by the triangle edges when sliding along either wall. Now the trick is to put the triangle brush snug into the corner, but to move the two vertices where the two walls intersect 1u away from both walls (diagonally). Now the two outer edges of the clip brush are flush with the wall and the corner one is offset. When clip brush edges NOT the faces touch a wall all seems to be well with lighting. (I wonder if that is understandable ;). But I did it all over AEdm7R.

Yes... ideally player clip does not contact any brushwork at ALL... but if you look at my map AEdm7R (see sig), I was able to get away with a bit of touching of brushwork.

Imagine a doorway, and a corner right next to it. You would normally put a triangular brush (seen from above) into that corner to be able to slide long to wall an slide into the opening in the doorway... i.e. to facilitate running backwards and hit the door opening.

Now if you place the triangular brush flush against the two walls of the corner you will have lighting issues. But if you move it away from both walls by 1u they suddenly get snagged by the triangle edges when sliding along either wall. Now the trick is to put the triangle brush snug into the corner, but to move the two vertices where the two walls intersect 1u away from both walls (diagonally). Now the two outer edges of the clip brush are flush with the wall and the corner one is offset. When clip brush edges NOT the faces touch a wall all seems to be well with lighting. (I wonder if that is understandable ;). But I did it all over AEdm7R.

I actually figured this out, works great. Should have read this before 20 r_lm_builds tho :D

Still not done but i'll upload it anyway if anyone wants to try and maybe give some feedback. 

http://reflexfiles.com/file/199

Having troubles with light leaks and also some textures that needs to be down/up sized and rotated. Is there any way to change the snap distance when rotating the textures? 

If you look at the last picture you can see what i mean. (At roof top and also light leaks straight through YA)

We uploaded the map to the PlayHardGoPro Stream/Cast server thanks for this I4N!

I've uploaded to my server as well "[DE] THE HAXAN CLOAK" 146.0.32.143:24552 for testing purposes. I played a couple of duels, it seems quite well made and I like the design, specially the floor shapes underneath weapons and pickups. I really feel that the lack of jumps and the absence of ammo boxes in Reflex really cripples the game-flow of the map though. Adding an additional rocket launcher somewhere (I was thinking in the plasma YA room) and one GA (maybe where the GL platform is?) might spice things up a bit since what you are basically doing right now is camping the rocket YA to stack RL ammo.

I've uploaded to my server as well "[DE] THE HAXAN CLOAK" 146.0.32.143:24552 for testing purposes. I played a couple of duels, it seems quite well made and I like the design, specially the floor shapes underneath weapons and pickups. I really feel that the lack of jumps and the absence of ammo boxes in Reflex really cripples the game-flow of the map though. Adding an additional rocket launcher somewhere (I was thinking in the plasma YA room) and one GA (maybe where the GL platform is?) might spice things up a bit since what you are basically doing right now is camping the rocket YA to stack RL ammo.

Ty sir! 

I played some FFA on it just now, I can tell it needs another RL. 

There are some trick jumps that can be done. One is at bottom stairs in RA room, make double rocket jump combo up to RA or SG platform. Second is jumping from door side up to RL. 

These are kinda hard to do tho.