LoNeZiLLa

[0.32.1] Mouse Input Issue

The mouse movement in-game feels really smooth and nice, but it doesn't feel like what I'm used to (Raw Input, Direct Input) when it comes to other games like CPM.

I took some screenshots while using Mouse Movement Recorder comparing the in-menu mouse movement to the in-game mouse movement.

http://imgur.com/a/tRoZh

I used the following parameters for MMR:

MouseMovementRecorder.exe -alwayscatchup -showcatchupdelay

The in-menu mouse movement is perfectly fine, but the in-game mouse movement shows pixel drops (green) and a cathcup delay of 500 microseconds.

COMMAND LINE OPTIONS / USAGE

MouseMovementRecorder [-NoCatchup] [-AlwaysCatchup] [-MaxCatchupDelay n] [-ShowCatchupDelay] [-ShowExtraDetail] [-NoCompatLayer] [-SetMaxTimerResolution]

-NoCatchup
Sometimes there is a small delay between mouse movement and Windows moving the
on-screen pointer.
By default, if MouseMovementRecorder sees mouse movement, but the corresponding
pointer movement is not an exact 1-to-1 match, it may wait for up to 500 µs for
additional pointer movement in case the pointer movement is delayed; It may wait
for the pointer to 'catchup'.
-NoCatchup tells MouseMovementRecorder to never wait for additional pointer
movement, and report mouse movement immediately.

-AlwaysCatchup
If MouseMovementRecorder sees 3 or more consecutive instances where the pointer
movement is not an exact 1-to-1 match with the mouse movement, it will stop waiting
for 'catchup'.
-AlwaysCatchup tells MouseMovementRecorder to always wait for additional pointer
movement when the corresponding pointer movement is not an exact 1-to-1 match.

-MaxCatchupDelay n
How long to wait for a possible catchup. The default catchup wait is 500 µs (0.5 ms).

-ShowCatchupDelay
Shows how long MouseMovementRecorder waited before the exact 1-to-1 catchup occured,
or the delay exceeded the -maxcatchupdelay value.

-ShowExtraDetail
Shows detail timing for the individual mouse movements and pointer movements that
MouseMovementRecorder saw.

-NoCompatLayer
On Windows 8.1, while MouseMovementRecorder is running, the KB2908279 Update for
Windows 8.1 is activated (if it has been installed) to give more responsive mouse
pointer movement.
-NoCompatLayer tells MouseMovementRecorder NOT to activate the 'compatibility layer'
that triggers the KB2908279 update fix.

-SetMaxTimerResolution
Sets the Windows scheduling timer to its maximum resolution.

Link to Mouse Movement Recorder:

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/04/markc-mouse-acceleration-fix-builder.html

You're going to want to download the "Acceleration Fix Builder @ google drive"

It comes with registry fixes, MMR, and MMR's source code.

I just started playing a bit again and I have to agree.. Something feels a bit off mouse wise but I'm unsure as to what... Could have with the slightly floaty movement or the fps drops I get from time to time as well or just me imagining stuff :) Still feels really good in comparison to most other games though

They do it directly.. via dinput I would guess... The big issue is that something is off... Every time I play it's like I gotta learn to aim again since the mouse just doesn't feel right... The faster I pull the slower the camera turns and that's just not right.. It's almost like back in the day on my g1 but more pronounced.. I just can't get used to it.. drives me nuts pretty much every time I play... If I wanted acceleration I would use special drivers for it >_< Just give me proper mouse 1:1 mouseing that's easy to control like back in the day :'( this camera goes different distances depending on mousing speed is just impossible to get used to for me at least

The big issue is that something is off... Every time I play it's like I gotta learn to aim again since the mouse just doesn't feel right... The faster I pull the slower the camera turns and that's just not right..

Got similar issues with camera turning slower the faster you move the mouse, but this happens only with higher graphic settings. When I'm using lowest and most simple graphic options the mouse movement seems flawless. It seems to be connected to performance issues in a very bad way.

And what I mean by seems flawless I'm not completely sure if it is. Imagine something like random performance drop effecting on mouse tracking without you really noticing it.

Noticed this much when I was screwing around with some high settings. Got somewhat low end gpu for the game so I shouldn't whine about it anyways. Probably thing that optimisation fixes anyways.

I had the issue at 640x480 as well and I get like 1000fps on that resolution but I agree it's quite a bit more noticeable with worse performance than better and I do hope optimizations will help.. I'm mostly looking forward to that sub frame input thing again to see if that does it.. But right now it's pretty much the only thing on my mind when I play *holding thumbs for next patch*