newborn

0.33.4 - Fancy UI stuff

Loving the UI and the HUD so far. Option for horizontal weaponbar would be lovely to see though. Any plans adding that in the near future?

It's already pretty simple to do (I made sure to write the weapon rack so that it was easy to change). Theres a verticalRack = true line in WeaponRack.lua. Change that to false and use ui_set_widget_anchor and ui_set_widget_offset to reposition it and you're done. I'll do up a proper tutorial tomorrow ;)

if i understand the variables right, you just can act on base of button pressed/released, not on base of actually jumped.

i would like to just have a bar that fills as you get accel

Is it intended that the item timings show whilst doing a 1v1? If so, I really don't agree with that change.

You must be new here :) check  for the massive discussion on the subject.

stuff i miss currently:

• server map list (for callvote map, mode, kickvote should be possible) - maps contains only the maplist of the client
  • specs can not see health of all players while following one player (works in freecam) <-- you can see the health of your team mates! :D
Edited by Bonuspunkt

stuff i miss currently:

• server map list (for callvote map, mode, kickvote should be possible) - maps contains only the maplist of the client
  • specs can not see health of all players while following one player (works in freecam) <-- you can see the health of your team mates! :D

oops yeah bug here with restricting health information.. i'll fix for next build :)

nice update!

on thing i noticed: ui_show_widget without a widget name should list all available widgets imho

yeah was wondering the same thing, is there a list of all widgets available somewhere?

I use:

bind u cl_show_hud 0; cl_crosshair 0    // HUD off

to turn off the HUD, and always wondered by the crosshair is not considered part of the HUD, i.e. so that cl_show_hud 0 would turn off the crosshair as well. No biggie though ever since multiple commands can be bound to one key.

But this did make me notice that all the nifty new widgets are also not considered part of the HUD. And being able to conveniently turn them off and on via cl_show_hud would definitely be desirable. Presently one would need to do a "ui_hide_all" and later run a "loadconfig game" to get back the widgets on the HUD.

For now:

bind i cl_show_hud 1; cl_crosshair 4; loadconfig game    // HUD on
bind u cl_show_hud 0; cl_crosshair 0; ui_hide_all    // HUD off

works fine though.

Sorry was fixed in the last update 0.33.2.

bind (key) r_high_vis 0; r_decals 1; r_dynamic_lights 1; r_shader_quality 2; r_effect quality 2; r_shadow_quality 2; r_texture_quality 2; r_texture_resolution 2; r_texture_microdetails 1,  r_bloom 1, r_fxaa 1
bind (key) r_high_vis 1; r_decals 0; r_dynamic_lights 0; r_shader_quality 0; r_effect quality 0; r_shadow_quality 0; r_texture_quality 0; r_texture_resolution 0; r_texture_microdetails 0, r_bloom 0, r_fxaa 0

Here's a simple way to change effect details from high to low with one key, without needing to create a separate config and load it. Change values as you wish and don't include ()s in the key specification part.