aliasedfrog

Simple ZOOM

As topic say's here is a simple way to bind a ZOOM key.

Update: if you destroyed your map editor bind with this reset it with 'bind me mouse2 +editorcameradrag'

i have changed it so it binds only 'game' state, and will only change binds when game state is 'INGAME' & 'SPECTATOR'. Also include is sens division if you want to use it

to use, paste into 'notepad' save to folder - 'reflexbaseinternaluiwidgets'    (if you want to organize you can create a folder there and save it under it also)

save it with 'whatevernameyouwant'.lua 

load reflex, enjoy.

[edit 05/21/2015]

quartz has taken the time to create one also, i would have to recommend using it as he has put more effort into it. 

[edit 04/27/2015]

Added transitioning to zoom/unzoom, I have removed m_speed changing for now. will revist later when i check into hold to zoom stuff with latest builds.

FOV, ZOOMFOV, And ZOOM Key binding have been moved to the widget options. any problems please let me know.

http://pastebin.com/Cig8pmJv

Link to first version:

http://pastebin.com/GYPjP9k5

Edited by aliasedfrog

Nice work! This is really useful. :D

Could the zoom bind be made to interpolate between normal FoV and zoom FoV over a desired amount of milliseconds? Instantaneous zoom is disorienting for me, and potentially others as well.

Nice work! This is really useful. :D

Could the zoom bind be made to interpolate between normal FoV and zoom FoV over a desired amount of milliseconds? Instantaneous zoom is disorienting for me, and potentially others as well.

Yup. There's a lerp function built into reflexcore.lua but I'm too tired to do an example ;)

where do I put all this code?

there is alot of threads with new functions but never any info how to get it working

edit: ok, got it

where do I put all this code?

there is alot of threads with new functions but never any info how to get it working

edit: ok, got it

where did you end up putting this?

Edit: I also got it, put it in baseinternaluicustomfoldername

hello i would be also really interested to get an Hold bind option ^^

I'll look into but I think that is going to be quite a challenge in the current game state.

I still would like to know how to get this to interpolate.

will see what I can figure out on that. I'm sure it can be done didn't get a chance to look into yesterday.

TBH I would really be interested in a interpolate holding binded zoom XD

ahahahah

what a princess i am XD

thx for your work and answer mate btw

i m actually using your zoom :)

[update] sorry got distracted playing with my hud =)

I have been able to make a scaling zoom, but I'm really not happy with the way of triggering it for now.

hopefully in a few updates that will be fixed and I'll release source on that.

As far as hold to zoom goes. It will be up to if Dev's add the ability to create something along the lines of a

+/-variable in game.

[update] sorry got distracted playing with my hud =)

I have been able to make a scaling zoom, but I'm really not happy with the way of triggering it for now.

hopefully in a few updates that will be fixed and I'll release source on that.

As far as hold to zoom goes. It will be up to if Dev's add the ability to create something along the lines of a

+/-variable in game.

I have posted an updated version(see first post) with zoom scaling/transition it's not pretty but working. has fov/zoomfov /key binding in widget options will look into adding to / cleaning this up at some point. hopefully we will get zoom from ingame by then anyway! =)

Hey there, was using the old zoom (3 different configs), but since teh update, all my weapon_offsets get reset whenever i use that method. So I DL'd yours from this post and it works great. The only thing I'm wondering is if the sensitivity can be scaled along with fov? Is there a way to adjust in the .lua for sensitivity? I looked and couldnt "see" anything in it. Thanks!

Hey there, was using the old zoom (3 different configs), but since teh update, all my weapon_offsets get reset whenever i use that method. So I DL'd yours from this post and it works great. The only thing I'm wondering is if the sensitivity can be scaled along with fov? Is there a way to adjust in the .lua for sensitivity? I looked and couldnt "see" anything in it. Thanks!

​Looking through the last one i played with i did not include any sensitivity stuff. 

this one by Quartz works well from what i can remember and has auto sens & some other options

http://www.reflexfps.net/forums/index.php?/topic/2548-zoom-script/&