Spannzer

HUD Feedback Thread!

Screenshots

Lua files: mat_stack.lua, mat_weapons.lua, mat_clock.lua

I took some inspiration from (aka blatantly ripped off) Qualx's beautiful DP_Two hud design and adapted it to my hud. The code is kinda messy, but it does what I want and I'm very happy with how it looks.

The health/armor/ammo boxes smoothly change colors from white to yellow to red according to the respective values, which I find reads well in peripheral vision. The currently selected weapon is drawn more prominently than the other weapons in the rack. There are options in the "Widgets" menu for the translucency of the boxes.

The clock has an option to count up or down. It also has a toggleable option to show the respawn time of recent pickups. You still have to remember those times, there are no timers or reminders. I only added this to help with learning the respawn times when timing manually. I view it as a slightly more benign crutch than timers for people who struggle with "doing math" when timing items. ;]

Update: added clock during warmup in mat_clock.lua

Edited by stjuhl

Dat ammo bar ima have to use that

​I will release a full version of the HUD once I'm done with it. Currently the code isn't optimized, but you can grab the AmmoBar from here. :)

(Let me know if you encounter a bug)

Edited by Bjarke

I'm starting to work on a hud where the idea is to put the important info radially around the crosshair.  I've only done health and armor bars so far, but the attached image shows those.  I want to include the actual numbers for health/armor as well, but I'm not sure how to go about it without just slapping them in there.  Any ideas?

The other hud elements are from the DP_Two hud, so credit to Qualx for those :)

2015-09-04_00001.jpg

either install and use the OsWeaponRack.lua from this thread or navigate to:  reflex/base/internal/ui/widgets. open the WeaponRack.lua and change:

local verticalRack = false;

to

local verticalRack = true;

I will add an options menu to mine and upload it in a few minutes if you would like to be able to do it ingame. (linked above)

Edited by Flakx

First post, woop!

I have been messing around a bit trying to get a Demon Souls / Dark Souls type of death screen. Each death should give you a randomly selected phrase underneath the "YOU DIED" message.

The way I go about generating a random number isn't very pretty (read: DIRTY HACK), so I'll need to work on that before doing anything else.

At some point I hope to have contextual messages (depending on if you had the flag or not).

RebornAgain3.jpg

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if this is the right thread for something like this as it's debatably not part of the HUD. If that's the case, I apologise.

Edited by De Lift

Screenshots

Lua files: mat_stack.lua, mat_weapons.lua, mat_clock.lua

I took some inspiration from (aka blatantly ripped off) Qualx's beautiful DP_Two hud design and adapted it to my hud. The code is kinda messy, but it does what I want and I'm very happy with how it looks.

The health/armor/ammo boxes smoothly change colors from white to yellow to red according to the respective values, which I find reads well in peripheral vision. The currently selected weapon is drawn more prominently than the other weapons in the rack. There are options in the "Widgets" menu for the translucency of the boxes.

The clock has an option to count up or down. It also has a toggleable option to show the respawn time of recent pickups. You still have to remember those times, there are no timers or reminders. I only added this to help with learning the respawn times when timing manually. I view it as a slightly more benign crutch than timers for people who struggle with "doing math" when timing items. ;]

Update: added clock during warmup in mat_clock.lua

​I really liked the simple aesthetics of yours (I used the DP_Two hud for a while as well) and just moved the elements around a little.  Will probably be the basis of my hud for a while.

C1Y1pgv.jpg

I'm starting to work on a hud where the idea is to put the important info radially around the crosshair.  I've only done health and armor bars so far, but the attached image shows those.  I want to include the actual numbers for health/armor as well, but I'm not sure how to go about it without just slapping them in there.  Any ideas?

The other hud elements are from the DP_Two hud, so credit to Qualx for those :)

2015-09-04_00001.jpg

​i would love this. dl link plz?

So i started making this.

Here is the working HUD. Im still using a few default HUD elements, like the wep rack and timers, but i plan on changing them aswell.

This non-working version is (should be) just better organized code. Obviously it isnt right but you can prob get what im trying to do with it. If anyone knows how to achieve it and would like to share with me, id appreciate it :P

On 20-12-2015 at 4:44 AM, Silky said:

So i started making this.

Here is the working HUD. Im still using a few default HUD elements, like the wep rack and timers, but i plan on changing them aswell.

This non-working version is (should be) just better organized code. Obviously it isnt right but you can prob get what im trying to do with it. If anyone knows how to achieve it and would like to share with me, id appreciate it :P

the health/ammo/armor doesn't seem to be centered right.

On 5/14/2015 at 0:51 PM, qufit said:

2015_05_14_00002.jpg

2015_05_14_00003.jpg

it's a WIP. "Changelog":

- Sound effects when pickup spawns (I know, but a noob like me must have it or I'll get owend so hard...)

- Change crosshair when I change weapon

- Moved back the weapons and centered them

- Tweaked the default bars on armor and health a bit

- Armor and healt warnings near crosshair.

Is this available for download?
Really loving the minimalistic style.