Sign in to follow this  
A. Benz

Item spawn reminder

Smasher, the loop is going to still include green armors - you only removed the variable that sets the correct color for green armors. I don't really know enough about Lua, but there is a chance that green armor spawns would be giving you a popup for whatever the last item reminder was.

You need to put an if statement in the loop to make it only go through the reminder loop for armors that aren't green. I did this with my copy, but I am posting from my phone at the moment... If you don't have it fixed later today, I will try to remember to post my change.

Basically, I added this one new line:

for i = 1, pickupCount do
		local pickup = pickupTimers[i];
		if pickup.type ~= PICKUP_TYPE_ARMOR50 then -- THIS IS THE NEW LINE
				-- Icon
			if pickup.type == PICKUP_TYPE_ARMOR50 then
				iconColor = Color(0,255,0);

And then maybe 40 lines down, there are two "end" statements in a row - add a third end on another line.

If that isn't clear, I can paste the whole thing, but I butchered other things too :x.

Played a few games with the item spawn reminder script yesterday. Seemed like it was working fine on BDM3, and then on CPM22 it went haywire. It kept saying the wrong items were spawning.

Oh...that's odd :/. I play pretty much CPM22 only and never had problems. Didn't have any on BDM3 either. Anyone else got problems? 

Regards

Thanks Benz. I'm not very familiar with Lua so it was nice to have this as a template. I modified it so that instead of the 'spawning' text I get a small colour-coded countdown near the crosshair for each item that is about to spawn (excluding green armours). I'll have to see whether it gets annoying, but it seems very useful for attempting precise steals without taking your eyes off the action.