newborn

0.33.5 - 27th April, 2015

UI

• If you encounter any UI bugs, we suggest doing a ui_reset / rebuilding your config
  • Chat / Death messages have been moved to the new UI system.
  • Added Movement Keys widget (thanks PHGP.tv!)
  • Fixed order of item timers to correctly sort by Y position.
  • Exposed some of the ArmorBar options through the widgets options menu (more soon!)
  • Added scrollbar to widget options menu
  • Fixed round countdown ticks being inaudible if game messages were not visible.
  • Fixed PlayerStatus's mode name having horizontal padding applied for no particular reason.

Gameplay

• Shotgun changes
    • Fires 14 pellets (down from 16).
    • Spread for both inner and outer rings has been reduced.
    • Upped knockback multiplier from 1.2 to 2
    • These will probably need a nerf next update, but we'll see how they play for this week.
  • Movement tweaks
    • Ground is now less slippery
    • Players can now corner slightly sharper when bunny hopping
  • Bolt Rifle reload is now 1500ms (up from 1250)
  • Players now spawn with 200RA in Arena modes (up from 150)
  • Updated thc* maps in preparation for the tournament

Game

• Fixed spec chat to only go to spectators when specating
  • Fixed team chat to only go to team
  • Added notifications for players entering spec/editor/game/queue
  • Fixed issues with player color not working in UI and & game
  • Removed cl_crosshair_* commands -- use ui_crosshairs_* instead.
  • Fullclip now has it's own special collision mask rather than just using solid. this was require to differentiate between clip & solid when placing probes in world.

Scripting

• Added widget cvars.
    • These are saved to game.cfg inside the widget object. 
    • These can be created / queried via widgetCreateConsoleVariable() and widgetGetConsoleVariable()
    • These are automatically prefixed with ui_widgetname_
  • Added widget initialize() and finalize() functions, this will be called when widget is loaded, regardless if it's visible or not. This is a better place to call loadUserData() -- i.e. crosshair can be not visible, but still drawn in the options menu, so it needs to be initialised.
  • Removed bogus param 'r' from nvgIntersectScissor(x, y, w, h, r)
  • It's now possible to hide the following widgets: Crosshairs, GameMessages, PlayerStatus, Scoreboard
  • After widget persistent data is written, we now push that back to the widget to see our changes. (note, yes this will stomp user data, this is expected, we've loaded user data from the config).
  • Added color picker control to reflexcore (thanks Bonuspunkt!)
  • Renamed uiComboxBox() -> uiComboBox(), scripts need to update to corrected function name :)
  • Added lua convienience function widgetSetConsoleVariable(varname, value) (same as consolePerformCommand("ui_<widgetname>_<varname> <value>")
  • Added Lua function callWidgetGetOptionsHeight(). This is used to determine the height required for widget options menus, so we can automatically add a scrollbar.

Configs

• Set game_default.cfg to show crosshair (now that it can be set not visible)
  • Configs now have a version number so we can automatically adjust cvars / add default cvars when we update.

Bug fixes

• Fixed potential crash in dedicated server
  • Fixed bug where you couldn't change sky color

nice to see u do updates on a regular basis, the whole development team does a great job, reflex feels awesome to play! can't await for more tdm related changes to come!

keep doin your work guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhZxnu8U3q0

edit: 'These will probably need a nerf next update, but we'll see how they play for this week.' - next update already next week? nice!

are the ui_widgetname_ console variables planned to replace the current 'pull from self' thing going on (in default widgets)?

Nope. They're more so there is some vaguely graceful interface between console -> lua (such as driving UI from keybinds etc).

I don't see the color picker control in reflexcore, am I blind or is it missing?

I think what was meant is the special code to convert between RGB and HSV via new functions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- ColorPicker: provided by Bonuspunkt!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Color functions from
-- http://axonflux.com/handy-rgb-to-hsl-and-rgb-to-hsv-color-model-c
local function rgbToHsv(color)

... could be potentially interesting. Actually it is... e.g. for a speedmeter that uses the same saturation and value, but "gradiants through" the hue... this would really make things easier. Trying to "fake" that via RGB would be a real pain.

I think what was meant is the special code to convert between RGB and HSV via new functions:

-- ColorPicker: provided by Bonuspunkt!
--- Color functions from
-- http://axonflux.com/handy-rgb-to-hsl-and-rgb-to-hsv-color-model-c
local function rgbToHsv(color)

... could be potentially interesting. Actually it is... e.g. for a speedmeter that uses the same saturation and value, but "gradiants through" the hue... this would really make things easier. Trying to "fake" that via RGB would be a real pain.

I see. From the way it was worded "color picker control" I assumed that it was a ui element to easily pick colors in menus, instead of having to supply 4 different values.

edit: actually there are also some ui elements down there it seems (I had entirely missed that section somehow). So maybe it is there, I will poke around a bit.

Smile,

Strange... you sure it was not overwritten?

Reflexbaseinternaleditortextureseditor_nolight_c.dds

seems to look (the original) as before. I had not been using the pink one, but replaced the original one with it just now... seems to work.

The color picker does seem to work, but for now you have to manually edit your reflexcore first in order to be able to use it. Because all the functions in reflexcore relating to the color picker are local functions, so widgets can't access them.

edit: it seems to work really well, kudos to bonuspunkt! For anyone else: you will probably want uiColorPicker

Smile,

Strange... you sure it was not overwritten?

Reflexbaseinternaleditortextureseditor_nolight_c.dds

seems to look (the original) as before. I had not been using the pink one, but replaced the original one with it just now... seems to work.

Yes my bad, I thought I had your pink texture in my desktop which I tried to put over the default one, but turns out I was overwriting a default texture with a backup of the default texture lol

The color picker does seem to work, but for now you have to manually edit your reflexcore first in order to be able to use it. Because all the functions in reflexcore relating to the color picker are local functions, so widgets can't access them.

edit: it seems to work really well, kudos to bonuspunkt! For anyone else: you will probably want uiColorPicker

ty, oh yeah the uiColorPicker should not be local

@color functions

usually i'd spilt it up in smaller modules like "util/color" for the color convertions, "ui/*" for every ui element

so if you need anything you could require that one thingy, i don't think its a good idea to put every little thingy in the global namespace imho

Opinions opinions...

Keep knockback of shotty, but it will most probably need a nerf now unless you were going for a more used shotty over bolt rifle thing. 

Bolt nerf was miniscule.

Edit: Knockback should be higher but 2 is probably too high.