goochie

Post your WIP screenshots!

30 minutes ago, Tr1pwire said:

w00t, Looking sweet !!! Best Q4 maps monsoon, galang, placebo effect, when its coming ?????

When when when when ??? :D

Actually.. possibly quite soon now since as can be seen, the maps aren't even close to complete yet (visually). Phrantic is the only one which is about 70-90% done visually also and since all these maps are pretty much perfectly playable already, I don't see reason for me to sit on them when I can give them out to the public since gameplay-wise they work at this point already.

So I will be most likely releasing them in an "as is" state soon, but even after release, I do plan to keep working on them until they're done visually aswell.

22 hours ago, spessu_sb said:

Actually.. possibly quite soon now since as can be seen, the maps aren't even close to complete yet (visually). Phrantic is the only one which is about 70-90% done visually also and since all these maps are pretty much perfectly playable already, I don't see reason for me to sit on them when I can give them out to the public since gameplay-wise they work at this point already.

So I will be most likely releasing them in an "as is" state soon, but even after release, I do plan to keep working on them until they're done visually aswell.

Looking forward to it, and you are doing an great job. Thumbs up !

20 hours ago, owlyoop said:

Making a ctf map. The lightmaps don't generate very well :(

You just gotta work with how it is currently. Don't let the light probe grid effect how you make a map, you can help mitigate it by using point lights to lighten up the dark areas. I usually just use the same colour as the sun and place the point lights near the dark spots that tend to appear on angled walls. Im sure at some point they will do another pass on the map lighting so angled walls don't look bad. Placing a mesh over the wall can also help remove the distraction.