goochie

Post your WIP screenshots!

Not really a WIP, but a test of some of the textures, trying to fit together a appealing mix of things

i also spent the last 20 minutes standing as far back as i could from that wall.... aprox 630 units....and shot nades into the center of the decal.... made me wish there was a nade basketball mod :P

S4bSOTn.jpg

38JTizx.jpg

This is just proof of concept, i have imported most of the assets from Guild Wars 2 ClockTower Jumping/Race map

Yea i know its not quite legal, but i will try to recreate this map from the beginning using radiant/trenchbroom/cinema4d with q3 map exporter , i think its excellent idea for race map

(2bad i cannot trigger portal vortex to rise from the bottom to top of the reflex map)

lb9arklg4ajtqmx6g.jpg

o9ultnijnss7nyb6g.jpg

l9ih5qi1xqzpdzw6g.jpg

lj9gstv7fsq4d996g.jpg

Bunch of awesome screens/video/text

Just gotta add that gw2 jump puzzles might be some of the most frustrating game time I've ever experienced... But feels great when you finally get to the end (and open the fancy chests)

screenshot00022a.jpg

screenshot00018a.jpg

screenshot00016a.jpg

Hardly eye candy but still what I'm working on :)

Trying to release the next version of b0 ASAP with a new playground for beginners with easy pads including a jumppad to gain speed without a circle jump, bi-directional runs over lava, a teleporter with multiple ledges to reach and a few more things :)

From a technical point: I let r_lm_build 4 run for 24 hours straight and it managed to create a lightmap (see first screenshot), the framerate is horrible though and I missed a few variables because the lightmap is b0rked in lots of places.

I used the white light texture :>

The issue with opening to the sky is that you can see the other rooms floating around... which is kinda unsexy seeing how tidy the rest of the map is/rooms are. I already asked for some way to define an area for lightmapping (through a special brush maybe), so I could test the look one after the other. either that or I get some supersexy group select and a properly huge x+y plane to place all my rooms side by side :D

When I fly through the editing space some rooms dont even get drawn/exceed the maxviewdistance hrhr

screenshot00061.jpg

I don't know if one can call this work in progress, anyway here are some screenshots:

9176793280702015052900007.png

Applying megahealth texture where it should not [well I hope it will stay, lovely result]

7412843280702015052900010.png

Same megahealth but I wanted  some sort of bulletproof window style:

1517223280702015052900015.png

EDIT: megahealth texture for teleporter:

5815423280702015052900018.png

best

hey mad when you said, It dont save, do you mean lm are gone when you reload the map after lm was done 100%?

if the answer is yes:

Save your map then only build LM, and don't ever save the map AFTER LM is done

1. Savemap

2. r_ LM_build

3. Happy mapper ^_^

It happens that I have to do this twice before LM is ok when I reload the map... dunno why. 

Edited by Ohm sweet

hey mad when you said, It dont save, do you mean lm are gone when you reload the map after lm was done 100%?

if the answer is yes:

Save your map then only build LM, and don't ever save the map AFTER LM is done

1. Savemap

2. r_ LM_build

3. Happy mapper ^_^

It happens that I have to do this twice before LM is ok when I reload the map... dunno why. 

​Yea I tried that, no luck. I will try later as it takes like 40+ minutes to build. I updated my post with lightmapped screenshots.

Edit: FDAs suggestion worked!

Edited by MAD_JIHAD