goochie

Post your WIP screenshots!

rook,

It should be possible to grab (Shift+M and M) a grid texture from elsewhere in the map and apply it to a "materialized" brush.

I noted another thing... brushes may have materials applied... this usually is primarily a colour, but I am not so certain the "effect" of the material, e.g. stone or brick actually gets locked to the brush as well. For meshes all this is clear and seems to consistently work.

rook,

It should be possible to grab (Shift+M and M) a grid texture from elsewhere in the map and apply it to a "materialized" brush.

I noted another thing... brushes may have materials applied... this usually is primarily a colour, but I am not so certain the "effect" of the material, e.g. stone or brick actually gets locked to the brush as well. For meshes all this is clear and seems to consistently work.

​Cool, thanks. I will give this a try.

While PromEUs is hard at work making my last project look amazingly beautiful like he does and him and Wossman testing and working out all the kinks, I've decided to try my hand in another CTF map. It's at the final stages before it's testing ready but here are some shots of mid. I'm Thinking a castle theme. Hopefully with some help this one can be just as good as Monolith. :) Don't mind the grey dev texture. Haha

new%20ctf2_zpsbkn8comn.png

new%20ctf1_zpsoqsf6hhr.png 

​Looks like you have a nice start here. Red base im assuming? Where is the flag going to be? Want to see new screens if Promeus is making something look cool :) .

​Looks like you have a nice start here. Red base im assuming? Where is the flag going to be? Want to see new screens if Promeus is making something look cool :) .

​Thank you, and sorry, that was the first variant of mid. It has changed a bit but has remained mostly the same. Here is one of the bases and a look at some of the theming. Promeus is far too busy with a large amount of maps, so I'm taking a stab at it myself until someone else finds interest in maybe doing it as a collaboration. :)

ctf2_zpso7ug80zp.png

il5OOrH.jpg

Unmt22J.jpg

Still very early, colour scheme isn't final just place holder until Im 99% done and then find/replace with non-brown/grey colours maybe.

Everything is exact, like to 0.25u or so. Thats kinda why its taking a while, I don't want to just fudge it. I wish we could set the armour spawn time and add ammo pick-ups. Right now its playable but I haven't mirrored all the stuff because theres no point until one side is done so red side looks very bare. I might make a second version after this is done that is scaled up a little for the larger player model and has balance changes to the items because reflex doesn't have all that stuff yet (no haste, regen, ammo, longer RA spawns etc).

Edited by MAD_JIHAD