Ethiixx

Hells Gate [q3tourney3]

Fz4A5Vx.png

Finally finished my First map!
A remake of a classic, small and popular Quake 3 Arena map.

Includes:
  • Rocket Launcher
  • Bolt Rifle
  • Shotgun
  • Ion Cannon
  • Plasma Rifle

• 1 Red Armour
  • 1 Yellow Armour
  • 1 Green Armour
  • 6 Armour Shards
  • 2 50 HP
  • 2 25 HP
  • 6 5 HP

I have added a few double jumps and such to improve the flow of the map with the pace that Reflex has.
Good for FFA, 1v1 and TDM.

I'd suggest a max of 6 Players for TDM or FFA.

You can play it on the my hosted server, TranQuilityGaming.net AUS/NZ @ 119.252.190.245:25788

Hope you enjoy!

CHANGLOG:

06-05-15:

Removed the Tacky "Hells Gate" Text on the sign.

Fixed some Player Clip Exploits.

Added new skill jumps.

Extra textured areas.

why

zaha has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Hells Gate [q3tourney3]".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

of all the q3/cpm maps, jesus why

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why Not?

Why what?

i know its your first map and i don't want to kill your buzz. it's just one of the worst maps VQ3 you could have picked to remake in my opinion and remaking maps is already kinda frowned upon.

if it were cpm15 or hektik or a much needed 2v2 map like cpm25 / cpm29 i'd probably be happy, but i still think you should work on original maps.

i know its your first map and i don't want to kill your buzz. it's just one of the worst maps VQ3 you could have picked to remake in my opinion and remaking maps is already kinda frowned upon.

if it were cpm15 or hektik or a much needed 2v2 map like cpm25 / cpm29 i'd probably be happy, but i still think you should work on original maps.

Well you saying that it's the worst Map in VQ3 Is your own Opinion, I've played countless hours on this map in Q3 and QL with other people because they enjoyed it. How Is remaking maps frowned upon? There is a program MADE for porting over Q3 maps to Reflex and you say that? Okay then bud lol.

Yes I am currently working on my own maps, this just so happened to be the first map I finished before the others. You just sound salty for the sake of being salty because you don't like my map.

Cheers for the "Feedback".

It is okay as what it is meant to be. q3tourney3. However  I would say remaking maps made by others is the bad thing here. These maps cannot be included with the game, but whoever enjoy playing these can still play them unofficially as much as they want. It is not replica, but really close and still has the same design. Still I don't see how this is a bad thing other than "wasting" effort into something that people might not be interested in.

As for is it interesting to play this map? It is just personal taste. My guess is that it doesn't spark interest in many serious players, I think so at least.

People get some weird nostalgia trips anyways. So if anything it can be for that.

Keep on working on those original maps and show us what you can conjure up =)

It is okay as what it is meant to be. q3tourney3. However  I would say remaking maps made by others is the bad thing here. These maps cannot be included with the game, but whoever enjoy playing these can still play them unofficially as much as they want. It is not replica, but really close and still has the same design. Still I don't see how this is a bad thing other than "wasting" effort into something that people might not be interested in.

As for is it interesting to play this map? It is just personal taste. My guess is that it doesn't spark interest in many serious players, I think so at least.

People get some weird nostalgia trips anyways. So if anything it can be for that.

Keep on working on those original maps and show us what you can conjure up =)

I get where you're coming from.

Cheers will do :)

Very nice map, super popular for FFA. Its a good thing to port some classic maps, because they are proven to be newb favorites... its not something obvious for a mapmaker to just sit and create a new map of such a caliber. 

Very nice map, super popular for FFA. Its a good thing to port some classic maps, because they are proven to be newb favorites... its not something obvious for a mapmaker to just sit and create a new map of such a caliber. 

Thank you :)

I'm very much looking forward to working more on my own maps and posting them here when they're at a ready level, however I started off with Hells Gate first as I wanted to see what I could do with the Map Editor and just get my bearings and ideas at some sort of level that would help me when making my own maps.