Sign in to follow this  
enVme

DM_AbandonedWarehouse

its available on ReflexFiles

Looking for overall community feedback on map play, asthetics, ect. Overall map is in final form, from here on out it will be mostly detail work, and cleanup. And any changes recommended by community.

Current List of Thanks:
Sebben - Been workin with me on the map from the start, and the new addition he put in.

MrOllie - Helped out tonight, improved the stairs to upper floor, and a few other things around the map.

Updated pics

tBRKyVU.jpg

6yyaPR6.jpg

3tS3ro0.jpg

ekRIJK9.jpg

dnfnZps.jpg

4j86QmC.jpg

Edited by enVme

also, willing to buy, that half dome skybox back.... the race checkpoint texture jsut isnt working for my perspectives

joke about buying, but please...

Looks cool! Interesting to see what people are already doing with the very limited number of textures. You also have an insane dedication to making tiny little brushes. Just bug Electro to make you a mesh -- I'm sure he'd be happy to as long as it fits in with the theme and style we're developing.

And as for the checkpoint texture, don't worry, it's not even close to our actual solution for clouds and pretty skies. It's about as done as that horrible looking water is.

You also have an insane dedication to making tiny little brushes. Just bug Electro to make you a mesh 

mapping often isn't about being time-efficient, but just a form of meditation, like drawing a mandala. you could make them by using stamps and be finished in 2 minutes, but it defeats the purpose.

doesn't have to be the case here though, everyone maps for different reasons :P

there's a wip screenshots thread, btw:

mapping often isn't about being time-efficient, but just a form of meditation

You also have an insane dedication to making tiny little brushes. 

indeed, 3 ied blast, ptsd and short term memory loss, this is theraputic for me, cant wait for more editor features to make the 'headaches' go away :D ill post updated map pics shortly, and try and get the .map file live, making some minor adjustments

Released new pictures, and also released the map so I can get public opinion on current setup, there will be more coming, decorations, lighting, hopefully i can figure out the light bleed issue, i seem to be creating more when i try to fix them.... however map is currently playable, further map additions planned but not nessesary for current state.

qRCJHDS.jpg

These are baked-in shadows? Amazing, finally the brushwork in the map actually matters and casts really nice shadows. In Q3A you would need to plaster the walls and floors with shadow detail massively upping the bsp file size and also the compile times. Looks very Half-Life-2-ish... and as pointed out I really love that engine's lighting.

How does this look in compile time? Or are those actually dynamic shadows... if the latter now that would be evil ^_^

On shadow quality medium they're calculated once and stored

on high they're realtime per frame (so you see dynamic objects cast real shadows too. Both are independent of lightmap resolution :)

Looking cool! Can't wait to get more textures in your hands

Yeah... I just tested this on my maps and was surprised to see the shadows as well... looking at them on high detail they were dynamic. Uncanny that that is even possible without totally killing the frame rate. I noted that setting timeOfDay to 12.00 (noon) causes some flicking on an AMD gfx card on many walls.

Now Improved :D

Would anyone like to recommend some good recording software so i can make a general movement around map video.... but im sure most could figure it out.

Ya I cant get shadowplay to work for some reason, I will just download fraps tomarrow and work on something, also updated reflexfiles with the latest release, fixed some clipping issues, and also fixed the included lightmap

On shadow quality medium they're calculated once and stored

on high they're realtime per frame (so you see dynamic objects cast real shadows too. Both are independent of lightmap resolution :)

Looking cool! Can't wait to get more textures in your hands

are you planning on adding player shadows to the game?

Awesome little map, super fun to play on with 4 people in FFA. The amount of detail is borderline insane, I think thats the first time I've had to bust out me_snapdistance 1 :P. Movement on this map is also really fun, people flying overhead allows for some interesting scenarios. Item timers just adds to the chaos, as everyone is in the same room to pick up the items (or at least a couple seconds away). Finally, its very well made aesthetically and seems to fit the style the devs intended.

Cant wait to see more like this and any future work on this map. 

Updated map on reflexfiles with the current build, sporting new jump pads, new location for Red Armor to kinda help with map flow.... let me know how it plays / what changes should be made

Also updated the pictures in the main thread....