Sign in to follow this  
TornadoStorm

Destructible environment

Question

10 answers to this question

I don't know if they have that planned.

But in my opinion I don't think that would a good idea for way that Reflex works in the sense of game play.

if this was possible i would make a ATDM map with some sections of breakable walls so when it's 1v1 after couple minutes both players are more likely to kill each other faster and the rest of the players don't have to wait for to guys running away from each other

EDIT: destructible walls are back fully build after each round is finished. (obviously)

I think it's a good idea ;)

im not sure about fully destructible objects but I thikn what would be cool is if walls breaks partly due to weapon damage but they'll 'regenerate' shortly after. Like think kind of matrix style where you damage a wall and instead of just having a boring splash on it it partially breaks (not too much) showing some kind of underlying material (if maps are textures it could just be like a nogrid texture) and than build up to its original state. I think something like that could work well with arena shooter type of gameplay where players are dooing all sort of crazy shit and this could like justify it being kind of 'simulation' with some reminiscence of 'real world'

i want destructible teleporters/jumppads that regenerate after x seconds and teleporters/jumppads that need to recharge before you can use them again (visually: green tele/jumppad turns red)

im not sure about fully destructible objects but I thikn what would be cool is if walls breaks partly due to weapon damage but they'll 'regenerate' shortly after. Like think kind of matrix style where you damage a wall and instead of just having a boring splash on it it partially breaks (not too much) showing some kind of underlying material (if maps are textures it could just be like a nogrid texture) and than build up to its original state. I think something like that could work well with arena shooter type of gameplay where players are dooing all sort of crazy shit and this could like justify it being kind of 'simulation' with some reminiscence of 'real world'

i think permanent destruction could be good too. look at elder for quake live. players can choose to activate doors/platforms and it changes the dynamic of the map for the rest of the game.

Maybe in clan arena you could slowly add walls as the round goes on to force the remaining players closer together.  Then reset the level on the start of the round.

rising lava like in worms sudden death