• Raise Ion Cannon Knockback (maybe decrease damage back to 7 and increase frequency?)
  • Fix Rocket Launcher pop-up (100dmg splash needs to be decreased imo)
  • Decrease Weapon Switch Time
  • Maybe add Knockback to Burst Gun?

what do u mean by falloff

because if ur gonna take 100dmg across-map directs from me, i'll be sad

I believe newborn has previously discussed having there be a lot less knockback further from the center of the explosion. When he says falloff, I think he's referring to that.

Makes the absurd bounces we have right now a lot more difficult to hit.

There's no magic developer "nerf this" button so you're just going to have to be patient. The problems with RL are not just a matter of damage/splash radius, it requires significant knockback and falloff changes first.

but wouldnt it be nice if you did have one? :P

Isn't it just the popup bug that needs to be fixed eventually?

@lonezilla

I hope ion cannon knockback is kept low for a while longer so that I can keep stealing items :)

I hope they experiment with buffing other aspects and only return it to normal if nothing else opens more appealing dimensions of gameplay.

Weapon switch time should be experimented with. If you have 0.075/0.15 second weapon switch that matters a lot once railgun sound is in the game because it means some weapons will get a shot airborne before they die once they hear the sound. So weapon switch time should wait until the railgun sound is in the game to be fully balanced and we should see if it adds something to the game or remove it if it's just annoying IMO.

Burst gun deserves it's own balance experimentation. I would like your suggestion of adding knockback in its current state, but it could also just experiment with overhuals and try some other things.

Isn't it just the popup bug that needs to be fixed eventually?

@lonezilla

I hope ion cannon knockback is kept low for a while longer so that I can keep stealing items :)

I hope they experiment with buffing other aspects and only return it to normal if nothing else opens more appealing dimensions of gameplay.

Weapon switch time should be experimented with. If you have 0.075/0.15 second weapon switch that matters a lot once railgun sound is in the game because it means some weapons will get a shot airborne before they die once they hear the sound. So weapon switch time should wait until the railgun sound is in the game to be fully balanced and we should see if it adds something to the game or remove it if it's just annoying IMO.

Burst gun deserves it's own balance experimentation. I would like your suggestion of adding knockback in its current state, but it could also just experiment with overhuals and try some other things.

The problem with having low IC knockback is that you can't hold down an area / deny an area from an opponent. You should be able to do the same thing with a Rocket Launcher, but you can't because the blast radius isn't large enough to counter the fast movement. And then you add in self damage, which is only 50%, and no fall damage.

All this put together allows people to make rather unintelligent plays and get away them. Such as:

• Running/Flying towards your opponent only because your stack is much greater than theirs.
    • They can't stop your movement (no weapon can counter it)
    • Little to no self damage (you can shoot the floor beneath you and your opponent. You'll deal more damage than you take. They have less health, so it doesn't matter anyways)
    • No fall damage (if you have top control, you basically have control over bottom as well, making top control more powerful than it already was)

If they run away, grab the item and continue to run the items without getting an item split. If there is a split and you have enough health, go to the item they're trying to get and damage them, then run back to your item, grab it. And now you're still in control. repeat.

I don't even want to think about how team-based gametypes will play because of these things.