Sign in to follow this  
Tac

ATDM maps

Hello all,

I would like to share with you some maps I've worked on.

These 3 ATDM maps are remake of well-known q3 maps.

My idea was to avoid camping spot and make them more dynamic.

- CA_Vil1Theater : http://reflexfiles.com/file/277

from Theater of pain (ra3map1)

- CA_Vil1Rising : http://reflexfiles.com/file/279

from Jupiter Rising (ra3map10)

- CA_Vil1dm6 : http://reflexfiles.com/file/278

from dm6

I hope you will enjoy it.

I wait for your comments, bad or good.

Have fun

my friends been showing me a bunch of your maps, unfortunately the lack of nolighting and geometry optimizations make the  maps rather unplayable at anything other then everything off...  overall tho, i feel the maps deserve a little  more "honor" to the originals, alot of them are so drasticly different, i dont recognize them at all...   

that said i know it might seem like rather harsh criticism, but im not a very proper person and dont know how to give "nice" criticism  :P

also i should mention, i know i have a rather low end setup, but i dont have many issues on other maps 

Intel Pentium G3450 Dual Core

8GB DDR3 1600

2GB GTX 750TI

256GB SSD

Edited by enVme

my friends been showing me a bunch of your maps, unfortunately the lack of nolighting and geometry optimizations make the  maps rather unplayable at anything other then everything off...  overall tho, i feel the maps deserve a little  more "honor" to the originals, alot of them are so drasticly different, i dont recognize them at all...   

that said i know it might seem like rather harsh criticism, but im not a very proper person and dont know how to give "nice" criticism  :P

also i should mention, i know i have a rather low end setup, but i dont have many issues on other maps 

Intel Pentium G3450 Dual Core

8GB DDR3 1600

2GB GTX 750TI

256GB SSD

Hello,

First of all I just want to say that I'm not the creator of all the Vil1 maps (Vil1Overkill is not mine for instance).

About the lightmap, it requires a lot of time to build for such big maps, so I want to wait for some opinions before taking many hours (days?) to do it for all.

Geometry optimizations: yeah, I agree, I have to work on this. I use the convertor, and maps are quite messy at the beginning. I try to clean them but, sometimes I get bored.

About the "honor" of the originals, I understand your feeling. Indeed I try to keep the spirit of the map, but I want to modify what is not perfect for me too.

I usually try to make the map more fluid for the movements or add some paths to creat new game strategies.

I want people to play the way I want :P (as a mapper I think it's my right).