Gangland

Sensitivities and Play-Style

What are your Sensitivities (dpi/sens), and how do you think that your play-style relates to them? Do you think that higher sens is better than lower? What would the trade-off be to try out the opposite of your accustomed sense? Discuss! 

Two years ago I played with 4.4cm/360º and my playstyle consisted in mainly aggressive rockets and rails, almost a couple of months ago I started playing Quakeworld, and I had to adjust my sens to a point when Im able to be consistent with the LG, so now Im playing with 1800 dpi and 5.5 ingame.

I guess you can play with whatever sens you feel comfortable but lowering my sens has help me a lot.

7cm/360

edit: 

I'm a vortex (rail/bolt equivalent) heavy player in Xonotic with an average of 50-60% accuracy, I've found fast sensitivity to be more practical with my game style. Sadly I haven't been able to transform my play style to Reflex, because bolt isn't as reliable in close quarters, weapon comboing is limited and performance isn't top notch either.

450dpi and 7 ingame, so i guess about 20" or 50cm per 360. A bit on the low side, mostly from playing CS. It doesn't cause any problems aside from with 180 stairjumps (red on cpm22 for example), but that's mostly a matter of muscle memory I guess.

I've been considering maybe heightening it, but I'm gonna give it a little while to see if I get more consistent with big strafes first.

Oh, and in terms of playstyle, I have shit movement and no brain, and if I ever get any work done it's basically with rails or grenades.

I used to be a fairly high sens rail**** with something like 14cm/360 now I'm more of a newb but fairly more consistent fighter at something I'm guessing to be like 30cm/360 (just approximation though.. I'm using m_speed 7 at 800dpi)

Anything between 30 and 60cm/360. Sometimes with accel, sometimes without. Aim is definitely better on high cm/360, but it's also very restrictive for movement. Hence mouse accel is quite neat, it does mess with the quality of my strafes though.

Mouse acceleration master race. My current settings are something like 20" to a 360 for slow movements and 10" to a 360 for flicks.

I have no issues with movement, and I gain the benefits of low sens tracking with high sens quick reactions to surprises.

Strafes get harder because slight jitters are amplified by the mouse acceleration. Takes some time getting used to.

Also thanks for making me play around with different mouse accel settings again.

18.3cm/360 according to this http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm(m_speed 1.579937 / sensitivity 0.4 @ 5700 DPI). It's a balance between being able to turn fast enough for flying around everywhere without needing an excessively large mouse pad/movements and still maintaining smoothness and reasonable aim. I'm considering just getting a larger mouse pad and seeing if I can adapt to lower sens.

52 cm/360

probably low for quake/reflex, but pretty standard for cs.

before esea banned test mode i was running accel from ~87cm/360 scaling up to ~36cm/360 on a flick, which was much more comfortable

with a 1:1 sens i find myself jittering a bit on long range targets and at the same time have trouble comfortably flicking 180

i really wish that:

pvh driver got a legit signature

source had functional in-game accel

reflex got real mouse settings

esea allowed test mode

esea had serious competition

at least 2 of those things will likely happen soon (reflex updates and source 2)

I used to have about 10cm/360, I was decently accurate with it and had good flick aim so I could pull of some good shots and stay mobile... I used to play tons of TF2 and you don't need good tracking with the classes I played so it was a good mix

Now I've lowered it to 20cm/360, still easy to do 180 degree flicks and I have much better tracking

What are your Sensitivities (dpi/sens), and how do you think that your play-style relates to them? Do you think that higher sens is better than lower? What would the trade-off be to try out the opposite of your accustomed sense? Discuss! 

MouseAccel is best I think.

Currently, I'm at roughly 16 inches for a 360 (40 cm).  I can comfortably do a 180, and look behind me quickly, without too much effort.  However, negotiating a map at high speed has proven to be difficult.  So I suppose it does affect my style in that I play a little slower (not like GLS in other words).

I will be implementing MouseAccel when they add it to the game.  Povohat's program gives me too many options (proof it's a good program!), and I would obsess over my acceleration for months on end, without finding a good resting place.  So for me, it's best to ignore it.  Besides, it's a bit quirky to use on Win8, or it at least seemed to be the last time I tried it.

Ninox Aurora @ 1000hz / 800DPI. Currently 60cm/360°, sometimes go to 40cm/360° for easier movements, but I'm quite comfortable with 60cm. 

My playstyle is about using my trickjumping skills to try and catch items or surprise the opponent and sometimes being sneaky and trying to use the accuracy that comes with the low sensitivity. Tons of practice with rockets over the years (clan arena and amphi) seems to be a benefit against most opponents, but some good dodgers are still too elusive for me.

I switch between 74cm/360 and 21cm/360 depending on the condition of my arm.

I just like moving around.

Edited by

I've never really played arena fps before my old main fps I used 32cm/360 in NS2 which has a lot of weird angles that you have to shoot quickly in sometimes. Anyway I'm still trying to find the right feel for Reflex. I think I'm playing between 22/360 and 32/360 depending on settings.

In game: 12

DPI: 1650 but I'm testing my old 400,900,1350,1700 profile

Windows sense: 6/11 w/ no mouse accel

I'm still discovering my playstyle. I'm pretty reckless but trying to breed that out of me, I was super aggressive with rockets, plasma, and shotgun. But now I'm trying to be more evasive and consistent with my movement and adadadadadad strafing.