Sign in to follow this  
Zetter

Alt+Tab = Windowed Mode?

Question

Every time I tab out of the game the game switches to Windowed Mode and sometimes even changes the Resolution back to 720p instead of my normal 1080p resolution...

Switching back to the game I need to set the resolution and fullscreen mode manually. >_<

Any ideas for this?

10 answers to this question

well I'm pretty lazy ... if config-reloading really works I'm going to bind this to a key than  :D

(but the game.cfg gets somehow overwritten very easily, so i made an extra file... wierd. well alpha, hm?)

I had similiar problems, but I got it fixed by going to windowed mode and setting resolution using r_resolution_windowed (notice that you don't use the x between values) and then going to fullscreen and setting resolution with using r_resolution_fullscreen.

I had the same problem.

Read posts #7 + #8.

But maybe this problem doesnt exist anymore with the fresh patch.

Better check this first.

Read post #3 regarding this:

Correct there are two vars now.

If you alt-tab out it will switch you into windowed mode, when you alt-tab back to full-screen, it will restore your previous full-screen resolution.

doesn't work for me. If i alt + tab i'm gettin window mode (playin @ fullscreen 1920x1080) if i alt + tab back, it will stay @ window mode  :(

doesn't work for me. If i alt + tab i'm gettin window mode (playin @ fullscreen 1920x1080) if i alt + tab back, it will stay @ window mode  :(

Once you're back in Reflex, hit alt + enter. (I think shooter might have meant to type 'alt-enter' the second time. In any case, that works for me.)