def

#dp_three [EU] - 29th August, 2015

I'm not taking sides, and I don't wanna get dragged into the debate. Ive tried to stay objective about all the issues in question. It just sucks to see tourneys canceled over some he-said-she-said... I'm trying to be positive and honestly HATE cpm22, but hey, if thats the map in the pool that erryone voted for above and beyond all the other maps, then theres something to be said there.

Maybe the devs should set tourney guidelines and be done at that? Then there would be no question or issues..

People just have to accept that this community really likes to get upset about all the things.

​Its basic human nature to flame ppl with different/mainstream opinions.

I'm not taking sides, and I don't wanna get dragged into the debate. Ive tried to stay objective about all the issues in question. It just sucks to see tourneys canceled over some he-said-she-said... I'm trying to be positive and honestly HATE cpm22, but hey, if thats the map in the pool that erryone voted for above and beyond all the other maps, then theres something to be said there.

Maybe the devs should set tourney guidelines and be done at that? Then there would be no question or issues..

​Devs have actually nothing to do with tourneys, so i dont think involving them is a good idea. And IMO REMAKES have no place in proper tourneys, if ppl want to play shitty old maps then someone host a nostalgy tourney for them.

Some people should think twice before posting I mean sure you can dislike some maps out of the pool but it was a public vote so I think bitching about it doesn't make too much sense. The thing is that the tournament uses 5 maps and it is basicly impossible to have 5 maps that everyone likes. There can always be a map that somebody dislikes but sometimes you just gotta deal with it.

Def does all the work for this cups and then people just come up with stuff to bitch about all the time. I mean if CPM22 is "cancer" to you or whatever why don't you just wait until the next cup instead of crying out loud in this thread?

I just feel like if def wants to test out stuff without timers we should support him since he is doing all the stuff (including 2 maps of the pool) anyways.

For the cpm22 thing or other remakes why didn't you just suggest a poll after this cup to decide if remakes should be in these tournaments or not?

We are a fairly small community and should work hand in hand instead of complaining all the time. If somebody like def does tournaments for us we should thank him for doing so.

Some people should think twice before posting I mean sure you can dislike some maps out of the pool but it was a public vote so I think bitching about it doesn't make too much sense. The thing is that the tournament uses 5 maps and it is basicly impossible to have 5 maps that everyone likes. There can always be a map that somebody dislikes but sometimes you just gotta deal with it.

Def does all the work for this cups and then people just come up with stuff to bitch about all the time. I mean if CPM22 is "cancer" to you or whatever why don't you just wait until the next cup instead of crying out loud in this thread?

I just feel like if def wants to test out stuff without timers we should support him since he is doing all the stuff (including 2 maps of the pool) anyways.

For the cpm22 thing or other remakes why didn't you just suggest a poll after this cup to decide if remakes should be in these tournaments or not?

We are a fairly small community and should work hand in hand instead of complaining all the time. If somebody like def does tournaments for us we should thank him for doing so.

​no, I've ran quite a bit of the dp2 backend stuff while def 'just' streamed it.

I dont think it was a particularly good idea to start with. if you really want to 'test things out' aka no timers you go for minicups where you have 4 people all willing to play wthout them. Make a dp8 minicup instead, innvite 4 players that dont want to use timers, no drama, no problem, everybody happy. I also dont think its good idea to run cups month to month they kind of loose on importance if its over saturated.

the biggest 'issue' is "Reflex is not yet competition ready." as stated on their website, so I feel like we sometime expect too much from it atm thinking everyghing is easy and can be done quickly.

I was already less intelligent than my dog is when organizing EU#1 and I was supposedly bribing people to playing my maps THCUP#1. Hello internet.

rama wants to use timers? FINE!

ppl dont want to play cpm22? FINE

just run your tourney! the way you like it.

make it a gentelsman's agreement, this are the maps, this are the settings, its not rules!.. its just something we've agreed on! if you dont like it... fuck off!

no one is forced to be in it...

Def, please reconsider.