newborn

0.36.3 Point Release

The new update is killing my fps as well even with everything on low settings. The mouse sensitivity seems off for me too, but maybe it's the input lag thing. I really hope that bug is stomped out soon. Can anyone suggest a gfx card better than a gtx 650 that won't break the bank?  Other than that, the update looks great. 

Can anyone suggest a gfx card better than a gtx 650 that won't break the bank?  Other than that, the update looks great. 

Get a used Nvidia GTX 770 off ebay. If your budget can stretch higher, a GTX 970 would allow for ultra graphics settings without breaking a sweat.

I would have suggest an AMD graphics card if it wasn't for the large amount of bugs and general lack of AMD graphics support in this game. AMD graphics cards tend to have a better price/performance ratio. But for now, if you want the best experience with Reflex, you'll have to pay a little bit more for an Nvidia card.

Edited by Stalast

really? I play with a 2500k, gtx570 at 250 fps (capped) everything medium @1600x900. It hasnever dropped from 250 except in that winehouse map

​GTX 570 is a way higher end card than the GTX 650. So that's to be expected. Also as a side note - I suspect the framerates are only going to get worse from here on out due to maps starting to get more populated like bdm3, dp4 and prdm1.

Get a used Nvidia GTX 770 off ebay. If your budget can stretch higher, a GTX 970 would allow for ultra graphics settings without breaking a sweat.

I would have suggest an AMD graphics card if it wasn't for the large amount of bugs and general lack of AMD graphics support in this game. AMD graphics cards tend to have a better price/performance ratio. But for now, if you want the best experience with Reflex, you'll have to pay a little bit more for an Nvidia card.

Thanks for the advice. I was looking at a gtx 960 sc 4 gig on Amazon. I only have a 400 watt psu and don't really feel like changing it out at the moment.

Thanks for the advice. I was looking at a gtx 960 sc 4 gig on Amazon. I only have a 400 watt psu and don't really feel like changing it out at the moment.

Ah, yes with 400W you'll be restricted to the slightly lower end, more efficient cards like the GTX 960.

Since we are talking about GPUs and stuff. I havent been up to date on PC parts for the last 7 years or so. I got a GTX 660, would I have to plan upgrading soon?

Since we are talking about GPUs and stuff. I havent been up to date on PC parts for the last 7 years or so. I got a GTX 660, would I have to plan upgrading soon?

​GTX 660 should be plenty fast enough for most games still Owl (As long as you don't mind conservative gfx settings)

Edited by Holi

Since stable performance is atm a known issue, why did the latest patch remove one of the cmds that helped improve framerate?

r_lod_distance 0.5 (default 1024)

Why is this cmd now removed?

I would like to bump this by giving info on what i've found sofar on the new long waited 0.36 that helps improve performance.

So far from what i've tested, following settings have increased fps and or reduced amount of inputlag.

r_zprime 0 (default 1)
this setting for me reduced amount of inputlag slightly

r_lod_distance 0.5 (default 1024)
this setting lowered the amount of stress on gpu when using r_profiler 2 to see the amount of gpu usage.

r_depth_export_scale 0.5 (default 13)
dunno really what this setting does but i set it to 0.5 just incase.

Sofar haven't figured otherways to improve performance.

​Semi related to this.. In start of 0.36.0 there was cmd for weaponfov, r_weaponfov or something.. which adjusted the overall fov of the weaponmodel. Why was that also removed sneakily? I think it was a cool command and served it's purpose. Maybe bring it back?

Edited by spessu_sb

​Semi related to this.. In start of 0.36.0 there was cmd for weaponfov, r_weaponfov or something.. which adjusted the overall fov of the weaponmodel. Why was that also removed sneakily? I think it was a cool command and served it's purpose. Maybe bring it back?

​There is no such thing as "weapon fov". There is just normal fov and the position your weapon model has relative to your viewpoint. Moving around the model with the cl_weapon_x, cl_weapon_y etc. cvars (or something like that) will change the position the gun has in the first person view. Or is it those cvars that are gone?

​There is no such thing as "weapon fov". There is just normal fov and the position your weapon model has relative to your viewpoint. Moving around the model with the cl_weapon_x, cl_weapon_y etc. cvars (or something like that) will change the position the gun has in the first person view. Or is it those cvars that are gone?

​when 0.36 came out, there was an additional command r_weaponfov that disappeared with 0.36.1

​If there would be such thing still, then why would i say "there was"?

derp..