Qualia

Request to Reward Superior Target Tracking

I always play on lowest anyway. Its like lights just come out of where the beam hits a player and fill your screen will screenshot sometime later

d.maxfile.ro/hidigcfmjv.png

Taken from a video but you get the point

Edited by frwny

IC is very powerful at the moment, more so than in CPM due to the enhanced feedback from the higher firing rate and godly netcode.

IC doesn't need a buff, rockets do.

​LG in cpm was 10 dmg per cell and incredible knockback, you could pin in the air people pretty often. The way it was used in cpm was WAY more effective than in reflex because you also had instaswitch, you'd use LG to make very very powerful combos. IMO it was one of the most important items to control, specially in maps like cpm24.

As some of you may have noticed, since the last reduction in the ion cannon damage, even having nearly the best target tracking humanly possible whilst using the weapon will not reward one with the ability to sport higher damage output than they would using rockets, even though target tracking is virtually more challenging in Reflex than it is in any other FPS game in recorded history.

In reflex if you wanna keep a mid to short fight rocket vs IC you need to dodge, one single rocket can push you against a corner or whatever and be defenseless from there. My advice is work on your rocket dodging before expecting the game to change. For example if you have a bit more height than him, some stairs or so, you are instantly in better position than him, and will be easier to dodge his rockets. My experience always tells me that is how you pickup an engagement (position and weapon) the way to win a fight, than just weapon A vs weapon B. This is a very situational game and i got away many times IC vs rockets despite rockets being higher tier than IC (apparently). I like the fact this game puts sightly more emphasis on projectiles than hitscan...

Pretty sure we will see changes anyway just for the sake of testing.

Edited by memphis

​In reflex if you wanna keep a mid to short fight rocket vs IC you need to dodge, one single rocket can push you against a corner or whatever and be defenseless from there. My advice is work on your rocket dodging before expecting the game to change. For example if you have a bit more height than him, some stairs or so, you are instantly in better position than him, and will be easier to dodge his rockets. My experience always tells me that is how you pickup an engagement (position and weapon) the way to win a fight, than just weapon A vs weapon B. This is a very situational game and i got away many times IC vs rockets despite rockets being higher tier than IC (apparently). I like the fact this game puts sightly more emphasis on projectiles than hitscan...​

​I genuinely wish I could hope to dodge rockets better, but it seems like the pace of the movement and the current state of the knockback effect of the IC inevitably let opponents close the distance to me as quickly as to simply forbid any attempt to maintain the range to dodge. I think this is only a problem by me since the IC damage is not higher than it is now, but as I have already stated, I have no intention to subvert the apparent will of the majority to keep the IC at its current state.

Stressing this just now has reminded me of a contemplation I have had for a long time now. It is concerned with making the IC damage increase with each consecutive hit, up to a maximum limit (say 7), then drop to a minimum value again (say 4) when a single shot is missed, thereby amplifying the damage output resulting from more consistent tracking when using it. Just out of sheer curiosity, I would like to know whether you find this notion appealing or not. :)

Stressing this just now has reminded me of a contemplation I have had for a long time now. It is concerned with making the IC damage increase with each consecutive hit, up to a maximum limit (say 7), then drop to a minimum value again (say 4) when a single shot is missed, thereby amplifying the damage output resulting from more consistent tracking when using it. Just out of sheer curiosity, I would like to know whether you find this notion appealing or not. :)

You already get rewarded for consistent tracking, because if you miss, you miss.

IC needs a damage buff, the current firerate is fine but currently the weapon just doesn't put out enough damage to be effective making maps like cpm15 (arguably the best cpm map) and cpm24 most notably very difficult to play when out of control

for the people that think that increasing IC damage would turn the game into the crap LG v LG that ql had: CPMA had 150 dps LG while reflex has 104, on top of this both CPMA and Reflex have fast weapon switch which means that switching to the more optimal weapon is less punshing / more rewarding, so at closer range / positional advantages you will see rockets and nades and rails because unlike QL you don't get hugely punished for switching weapons and also rockets and nades and every other weapon in reflex is much stronger than in QL especially when you consider how each weapon compares to each games LG/IC
I don't think 150 dps is necessary in fact I think somewhere between 120-130 would be better especially with the current firerate which will make it a little bit easier to hit
I'm also pretty sure freshly picked up IC runs out of ammo before it kills someone with red armor even if you hit every shot which is a bit ridiculous

shotgun right now is really powerful at mid range all it needs is a spread increase so the cone it shoots is larger, it's possible to add more pellets per shot and make each one deal less damage, the shotgun really just needs to be harder to hit for max damage at medium range because it is actually really powerful

also I wouldn't be afraid of trying a speed increase on the burst gun projectiles
plasma needs a very small damage buff probably just 1 or 2 per shot and maybe a bit more knockback, least sure about that one
edit: after playing a bit more with plasma I think it could use a buff up to at least 15 damage per shot especially if IC damage is increased

Edited by botmo
altered plasma opinion

​you could try, idk, reading.

every single post between the OP and yours is a rational and well explained reason as to why the IC is fine as it is now; exactly what you are asking for, right?

​If simply stating, "I like the way the weapons are balanced currently," is a well explained argument.. please refrain.

I agree with your first post about the IC with 8dmg with the current firerate, I also don't think anyone here would want the IC to be that strong.

Other than that, I see no problems with upping the knockback on the IC (specifically the ground knockback) as long as the player doesn't get "crippled."

Giving players the opportunity to use a variety of weapons will also bring in some new playstyles. And for me, it's much more entertaining to watch and play.

=D

Edited by LoNeZiLLa

In my opinion you should revert latest boltrifle changes (decrease cooldown slightly, adjust knockback), bring back original rocketlauncher (old splashdamage and knockback), increase shotgun rate of fire slightly, change plasma visuals to look less blurry (make plasma projectiles look like in Doom 3, but smaller) and  increase damage to 15, change IC damage to 6 and maybe adjust  knockback slightly..  also buff burstgun damage slightly. This would speed up fights, make the game more combat-focused, more extreme and more enjoyable..

Edited by furyaxsfigkjhn