RadPanda

[0.36.3] Mouse Input Issues

I've been having this input issue that's been present since the 0.36 was launched.

Diagonal and sometimes vertical mouse movement seems to get cut off and stopped when the mouse is moved quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQpmePkD_DI&feature=youtu.be Here's a video of the bug in action.

I have my settings turned to low, neither resolution nor graphics options seem to have any effect on it.

Edited by RadPanda

curious that only one person has reported this

Mouse input has been weird for me in ages. Especially now with all the new meshes and other graphic stuff going in to the game, which has made my fps drop down on a lot of maps. The only time mouse input feels good for me, is when I'm above 300 fps.

Mouse input has been weird for me in ages. Especially now with all the new meshes and other graphic stuff going in to the game, which has made my fps drop down on a lot of maps. The only time mouse input feels good for me, is when I'm above 300 fps.

​That's to be expected with how the mouse input works right now (framerate dependant), which the devs have always known about. The issue that OP is having seems to be a separate issue.

Yeah this isn't the same as the old issues I'm having... Over 300fps mouse feels better that's for sure but it's still not as good as it should be. Really happy about you looking into it again for 0.37 hopefully it'll fix it for me :)

​That's to be expected with how the mouse input works right now (framerate dependant), which the devs have always known about. The issue that OP is having seems to be a separate issue.

On a side note: One would think fixing input would be a higher priority than CTF. 

My best guess would be to look if your mouse input is tied to FPS. 

​I think it's quite clear it is, just change com_max fps between 60 125 250 500 and 1000

Edited by memphis

​I think it's quite clear it is, just change com_max fps between 60 125 250 500 and 1000

I loved the passive aggressive response from newborn so much, that I threw some sarcasm his way. :)

Edited by Bjarke

A long time ago I noticed a 'fix' for one of the bugs with

cl_input_subframe 1

You had to cap your fps to match the server tickrate.

com_maxfps 70

For some reason it fixed a bug that would cause your crosshair to continue moving and bounce back after a quick swipe. (this happened even if you lifted your mouse off your mousepad)