AEon

Brushes and Materials?

I am still not completely in the clear how materials and brushes work together. Basically, I wanted to recolour a brush to match that of the colour I used on meshes... meshes have material and colour. And apparently it is possible to set a colour, any colour, in the editor menu bar and apply that to the brush... but the brush will never show the material?

Hmmm... I seem to have done just that... when I click on such a brush I only see the WorldSpawn properties, so no info on material or colour. Or am I still doing something completely wrong here?

Did some more experimenting... playing around with the metal materials you can actually see what happens when you apply them with colours...

So if you pick a material and a colour and apply them to a brush (M)... you can later grab that info into the editor HUD again (Shift+M IIRC)... and the info can thus be looked up. I was too centred on seeing the info under properties.

Would be nice to also see such info under properties, though I can see how a brush with several materials / colours applied would become non-trivial in the properties window.