Charnock

cht1 - Upheaval

*UPDATED 11/30/15*

A medium sized duel map with a cave theme and a lava river as the centerpiece.  

Can also be played in small FFA or 2v2 games.  

I'm pretty happy with where the map is right now.  I've added all the 0.37 assets now.  You can download on reflexfiles here.

2015-11-29_00001.thumb.jpg.a95479325ede1

Edited by Charnock
Added bricks for some visual diversity

Interesting... you might like to use a light grey for your brushes... these would be concrete in "reality"... and keep the rocks dark. This is more plausible, since rock and crete will very unlikely have the same colour. On the plus side this lets you play with crete structures upholding the rocks, adding a bit more visual diversity.

Interesting... you might like to use a light grey for your brushes... these would be concrete in "reality"... and keep the rocks dark. This is more plausible, since rock and crete will very unlikely have the same colour. On the plus side this lets you play with crete structures upholding the rocks, adding a bit more visual diversity.

​Yeah, I agree there needs to be more visual diversity. I'm trying to maintain an almost entirely natural theme, with minimal 'man made' structures.  The only constructed things right now are the stairs, and the broken wooden planks by the mega.  That's part of the reason behind no teleporters.  I couldn't see them in an undergorund cave (granted many maps don't justify teleporters thematically), and I only have jumppads where lava meets water, so as to provide a steam vent which boosts the player.  So I'm not sure that I want to put concrete structures in, but there does need to be something to make the visuals more interesting.  Unfortunately, I don't see myself having much time to work on the map over the next few weeks.