Blindlight

Blind's Movement Maps (with videos and tips)

yes I think I'm going to make a better version in the future, with a descending sequence and another climb after the first tower, and I'll do it in a nicer scheme, sort of adobe house colors and trim might be easier on the eyes or something. if anyone wants to redecorate it in the meantime be my guest. just needs a crazy bryce3d terrain skybox or smthn rofl http://www.frynge.com/beckbig.jpg

Been playing the latest few and they're awesome, but the ease with which you zip through them in your walkthrough vids is making me start to hate you a little bit. Any chance of getting show_keys videos for the couple that don't have one? Some of the air control stuff is throwing me, and the first set of "circle steps" on bldf4.

heh you only see the one smooth run in like 45 mins of footage ;-)

yeah i forgot to turn on keys again. but for those pads its just a circle jump and then bunnyhop with strafe and no forward, first set counterclockwise is easy, second set takes quite a bit of speed and depends a lot on the first circle jump being fast enough. top set isnt so bad just hard to keep mousing in the same direction without going off pad depending on your sens.

Even though I am totally inept with any of this jumping about... maybe less so since yesterday's practice in Devil's training map. I really love the colours and light in the orange map, and the design of the red map is really cool.

FFA maps that are extremely vertical have always been a challenge but maybe someone will come up with something at some point.

These aren't really classified as FFA maps.  Movement maps can really be classified as 3 sub-types. 

1. Training

2. Run Course (with timer)

3. Freestyle

Blinds maps are Freestyle (trick jumping) maps.and are really for some of the most advanced players in the game.  Usually players will specialize in either running (defrag) or feestyle (tricking).  To get really good at either you have to devote a massive amount of time to practice.  Just because you're really good at defrag doesn't mean you're good at tricking and vice versa.  They are two different disciplines.  However getting good at run course will help you for trick jumps more than trick jumping will help you get good at run courses.  So in the order of importance for becoming a better player you should do training, then defrag, then freestyle.  We used to regularly try to recruit defrag players to becoming dedicated flag runners for our CTF team.  Defrag players make the best flag runners.  They're so wicked fast compared to most players.  Freestyle players make good flag runners too because they can get out of most situations through creativity like trying to nail water to a tree.

Freestyle maps like Blinds are great for players to learn the physics of the game.  Then you can dedicate all your time to just trick jumping if you want and really specialize in doing things that most others cannot.

@Devil There will be no cgaz's hud in Reflex. There are 3 reasons for that.

1. Piotr didn't give out his permission for anyone to copy or change his code. 

2. Piotr's hud is way too complicated and many players would get confused by it's options. 

3. Too much hustle to reproduce the exact same hud with same variables and options. 

The current strafe hud is more than enough for any player. It's the same as cgaz but very simplified.