Sign in to follow this  
Ammazzabanane

[duel] Amh_b1 (for contest)

Here is a duel map i made, its fo sure not a traditional or an easy map by any means, and its only a first version, but i hope you guys can already enjoy it, hf!

http://reflexfiles.com/file/446

it would be kind to give some feedback <3

Edit 01: corrected some silly clip issues not matching on YA side of the map, sorry!

WARNING: ATM the .light contained in the zip is not extractable for some reason, so as of right now you might want to r_lm_build manually. Im sorry for the inconvenient, ill fix it asap.

Edited by Ammazzabanane

Well usually these files are not placed in a separate sub-folder. Try zipping the two files directly from the Steam\steamapps\common\Reflex\base\internal\maps\ folder... into a zip file. I use Directory Opus, file browser that treats zip files like normal system folders... no idea how you zip your files. I take it after zipping using your zip tool to unpack the map zip yields and issue?

Side note: And I noted a while back that doing a light compile e.g. on your development version of the map e.g. aepyra_20.map to then duplicate the map and the light file to be aepyra.map and aepyra.light... Reflex will not accept and load the .light file, regarding it as out of date for some reason.

Edited by AEon

Well usually these files are not placed in a separate sub-folder. Try zipping the two files directly from the Steam\steamapps\common\Reflex\base\internal\maps\ folder... into a zip file. I use Directory Opus, file browser that treats zip files like normal system folders... no idea how you zip your files. I take it after zipping using your zip tool to unpack the map zip yields and issue?

Side note: And I noted a while back that doing a light compile e.g. on your development version of the map e.g. aepyra_20.map to then duplicate the map and the light file to be aepyra.map and aepyra.light... Reflex will not accept and load the .light file, regarding it as out of date for some reason.

​i just uploaded a new version doing as you did and it worked for me, check out if it works for you too if u want  :)

ty btw

edit: nvm, its still corrupted... if i unzip it without uploading it it works, but once uploaded it doesnt work, basically the downloaded version has .light unzippable, but if i try to unzip the version i uploaded it works just fine... ill'try to figure this out, hopefully you guys can just r_lm_build for now

Edited by Ammazzabanane

Strange... unpacking the .light file has a CRC error, when I use 7-zip to unpack it (though I can unpack the .light file using that tool. Directory Opus flat out skips the light file showing an errror)... so the file might actually be OK, but something is messing up the CRC for the file. Very strange. Just tested this... the lightmap gets loaded and Reflex does not seem to complain.

Note: Hmmm... sorry but the lighting is turning everything greenish which really looks ugly IMO, I actually liked the version without the lightmap better. You might not want to use pretty much pure yellow (or is it yellow green?) lights in the map... they "taint" everything... it would probably look better to use white lights with a very slight yellow/orange pastel tinge.

Edited by AEon

@AEon "Note: Hmmm... sorry but the lighting is turning everything greenish which really looks ugly IMO, I actually liked the version without the lightmap better. You might not want to use pretty much pure yellow (or is it yellow green?) lights in the map... they "taint" everything... it would probably look better to use white lights with a very slight yellow/orange pastel tinge."

Well then the .light file you got out of the file is bugged, because the original light is completely normal, probably a bug like the dp4 light bug. try rebuilding and see how the light looks like, should be like in the screenshots i posted, completely normal. 

S1562b732295f8f93976.png

Edited by Ammazzabanane

Sorry, I had admired the screenshots, and liked those... so the unpacked lightmap seems to be totally messed up, the one I was able to unpack. Will give it a local light compile.

Did that... the unpacked lightmap was indeed broken.

Edited by AEon

modified spawns. ra platform and some meshes. And hopefull .light file works now.

RE: actually the whole zip file was f***ed now i re uploaded it and .map file works where as .light file is not unzippable. r_lm_build is therefore necessary

Edited by Ammazzabanane

C:\Users\XXX\Downloads\Amh_b1_0.5(1).zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\XXX\Downloads\Amh_b1_0.5(1)\Amh_b1_0.5.light. The file is corrupt
    C:\Users\XXX\Downloads\Amh_b1_0.5(1).zip: The archive is corrupt

I did manage to extract the map file and get that one to work. But the map is very heavy on building the lm so you really need to get it working.

I also suggest keeping an eye on the GBuffer value (check r_profiler 2) The map is a bit heavy on it which means it will have poor performance on lower end machines. It's basically all the meshes doing it.

I did manage to extract the map file and get that one to work. But the map is very heavy on building the lm so you really need to get it working.

I also suggest keeping an eye on the GBuffer value (check r_profiler 2) The map is a bit heavy on it which means it will have poor performance on lower end machines. It's basically all the meshes doing it.

​I dont get it, didnt u say on the contest tread that lm was working? btw i will keep in mind the performance factor, and try to optimize it soon, probably the whole outside mountains are really heavy

Edited by Ammazzabanane

​I dont get it, didnt u say on the contest tread that lm was working? btw i will keep in mind the performance factor, and try to optimize it soon, probably the whole outside mountains are really heavy

​he did but about the file I uploaded, I have no idea whats wrong with yours tho but I also had it being corrupted. I've build lm myself and ziped it with the contest maps pack im going to be sending to judges so we're good on that front.

​tehace has it. It was his lm file that worked.

​he did but about the file I uploaded, I have no idea whats wrong with yours tho but I also had it being corrupted. I've build lm myself and ziped it with the contest maps pack im going to be sending to judges so we're good on that front.

​Ok, ty a lot for your help tehace, im really sorry for the inconvenient