meowgli

REQUEST SOMETHING LUA

Outline weapons / gun silhouette (like transparent weapons) - Widget would remove the weapon model and replace them with a coloured outline of what the weapon is. I guess an all out perfect widget for this would have xyz axis control, and just many different configurations available to the user, whether you want it on or off for certain weapons, a pure outline or a solid colour (perhaps transparant), and maybe even controling the thickness and colours of the outline.

But all those extra configurations aren't necessary to me.

edit: in a perfect world I guess some kind of weapon bob features would be optional too.. 

edit edit: could this just essentially be a modified crosshair widget at its most basic level?

Can you make a widget that tells you the time when you picked up an item? Just like Quake Live, so you don't have to look up or down at your clock to time them.

Idk if i made myself clear, but if you play QL with the default HUD, it works just that way. You pick up and item and the name of the item + the time that you picked it up are shown at the bottom of your screen.

Ofc, with also having configurable positions and scale.

Thank you for your attention.

31 minutes ago, Muleke_Trairao said:

Can you make a widget that tells you the time when you picked up an item? Just like Quake Live, so you don't have to look up or down at your clock to time them.

Idk if i made myself clear, but if you play QL with the default HUD, it works just that way. You pick up and item and the name of the item + the time that you picked it up are shown at the bottom of your screen.

Or maybe just to color/highlight the seconds on the timer when you pick up something.

23 hours ago, Muleke_Trairao said:

Here, can you test it?

qOV3nss.jpg

3 hours ago, banReflex said:

Here, can you test it?

qOV3nss.jpg

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me and other Reflex players!

I tested it and it only seem to work on Race mode for some reason. In 1v1 mode, the only message that i can make it show up is the "Lost Mega Health".

57 minutes ago, Muleke_Trairao said:

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me and other Reflex players!

I tested it and it only seem to work on Race mode for some reason. In 1v1 mode, the only message that i can make it show up is the "Lost Mega Health".

The widget works on stats (except the lost mega part), stats work while game is in-progress, not in warmup. Is that maybe the problem?

4 hours ago, banReflex said:

The widget works on stats (except the lost mega part), stats work while game is in-progress, not in warmup. Is that maybe the problem?

Thank you, it works perfectly.

Just one question: why the colored names like "Red Armor" have a different outline color instead of being all red? Or is that maybe just me?

11 hours ago, Muleke_Trairao said:

Thank you, it works perfectly.

Just one question: why the colored names like "Red Armor" have a different outline color instead of being all red? Or is that maybe just me?

That's how I styled my HUD, I found that having plain red can be hard to read so I added a weird looking background to make it stand out more. Default settings are meant to be "just like QL", coloured background is mostly to look like my weird HUD.

Edit: added an option to toggle off background, here

3 hours ago, banReflex said:

That's how I styled my HUD, I found that having plain red can be hard to read so I added a weird looking background to make it stand out more. Default settings are meant to be "just like QL", coloured background is mostly to look like my weird HUD.

Edit: added an option to toggle off background, here

Well, thank you again, sir.

I think it would be possible, but changing FoV is quite jarring in my experience (unless som computerwizard can code it to be smooth). I use 3 different fovs for Rockets, IC and bolt, and changing between them when theres only 5 fov diffrence is verry sudden disorienting. And it would probably only be viable in racemaps where you can get 1000+ ups easy, as speeds from 350-760ish seems to be the standard deviation players drop to in matches, having sudden fov changes after every strafe would be pretty wonk IMO.

1 hour ago, Owl said:

I think it would be possible, but changing FoV is quite jarring in my experience (unless som computerwizard can code it to be smooth). I use 3 different fovs for Rockets, IC and bolt, and changing between them when theres only 5 fov diffrence is verry sudden disorienting. And it would probably only be viable in racemaps where you can get 1000+ ups easy, as speeds from 350-760ish seems to be the standard deviation players drop to in matches, having sudden fov changes after every strafe would be pretty wonk IMO.

Have you seen the "smooth zoom" feature on the qz zoom widget? I'm not sure how it works, but I was thinking along the lines of a slower version of that.

On 2016-04-18 at 9:19 AM, DEZ said:

Indeed, it was.

Kered13 I know you know the stuff. Could you make a CPMA-style team overlay? )

Here's example

Hide contents

HP8Emw9.jpg

transcript:

background frame [
	mate #4 ( Power-up. Alias. HP. Weapon Icon. Armor. Position. )
	mate #3 ( Power-up. Alias. HP. Weapon Icon. Armor. Position. )
	mate #2 ( Power-up. Alias. HP. Weapon Icon. Armor. Position. )
	mate #1 ( Power-up. Alias. HP. Weapon Icon. Armor. Position. )
	] background frame

reading qualx under cheat protection in rama's duel cup thread got me thinking. 

a widget that lists all active widgets + a hash of each widget,  or maybe a list of all installed widgets. 

possible? 

On 5/16/2016 at 9:25 AM, dansen said:

reading qualx under cheat protection in rama's duel cup thread got me thinking. 

a widget that lists all active widgets + a hash of each widget,  or maybe a list of all installed widgets. 

possible? 

Listing widgets is pretty easy. There's a global variable "widgets" that contains all of the loaded widgets, along with basic information like the name, position, and whether it is visible or not. If you want to access the widget object itself, you can look up it's name in the global table ("_G"). A hash isn't really possible though, you could hash the name of the widget but that's kind of meaningless, you'd need to hash the code, which I don't think is possible.

On 5/9/2016 at 2:20 AM, Sharqosity said:

Can someone make a widget that increases the fov as your speed gets higher? Not sure if this would work out that well or not, but it would be cool to try.

I know it's late, but I decided to implement this widget.

You can download it here. You'll need KeredSpeedZoom and the OptionsGadgets and Utils folders (make sure you preserve the file structure).

I just did a simple linear interpolation between speeds. I didn't try to do any interpolation over time, though that would be possible.

4 hours ago, ToRRent said:

Is it possible to somehow add player nicknames above hostiles? For modes like ffa/tdm/ctf to get more info, with who am I fighting :P

Enemy positions aren't exposed to lua when you are playing because someone could just make a widget that shows them behind walls etc.

3 hours ago, MAD_JIHAD said:

Enemy positions aren't exposed to lua when you are playing because someone could just make a widget that shows them behind walls etc.

What about quake style static nickname when I'm aiming at someone? I think something like that should be possible.

On 6/24/2016 at 5:56 PM, ToRRent said:

What about quake style static nickname when I'm aiming at someone? I think something like that should be possible.

No, Lua can't tell what you're aiming at.