TornadoStorm

Jump pad arc

Hello, quick suggestion,

I find it kinda annoying having to keep doing trial and error to figure out where a jumppad would take the player and where the exact landing point would be, so I had a look a unreal engine 4's editor and saw something pretty cool.

Wouldn't it be nice if a jumppad would visually display the arc which a stationary player, to land from above in the center of the jumppad, as the path of where the bottom point of the player would go? That way it would easily show the exact path, and exact landing spot.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but there's never a fixed landing spot when you have air control

​The displayed arc would be the natural path that a player would take when using the jump pad with no additional input. Obviously you're free to deviate from this using air control in game.

Edited by m0sley

That path is dependent on where you hit the jump pad from.

Refer to this​

Wouldn't it be nice if a jumppad would visually display the arc which a stationary player, to land from above in the center of the jumppad, as the path of where the bottom point of the player would go? That way it would easily show the exact path, and exact landing spot.