GambitMovada

Best Mouse for Reflex

Question

11 answers to this question

I'm not an expert (not even close) but I've had a good experience with Logitech mice. I used an MX518 happily for close to a decade, and it'd probably still be going strong if I hadn't relegated it to laptop use & replaced it with a G400, which I'm also happy with.

This post is out of date, but interesting, and perhaps useful in a general way: http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1265679

edit: the Deathadder got the same treatment here -- http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1300293 (click the 'next page' link to get to the start of the actual review) -- but I'm not sure what the relationship is between the 2007 Deathadder and the current version.

Edited by matt_au

Logitech MX518... using that as well. Though using it for 5.5 years how, I still miss the old non-optical mice like the MouseMan Pilot (using a mouse ball, having weight). Especially in Q3A the old MouseMan mouse was the best way to play instagib for me... oh well :)

Note: I am nowhere near any competitive level in Reflex.

Most (but not all) optical mouse sensors nowadays are very good, which means it's hard to go wrong. You should concentrate on finding a mouse with a good shape for your hand, low weight (easier to move) and good build quality. On the note of build quality... avoid Razer, unless you don't mind replacing your mouse every 2 years. Any mouse with rubberised side grips is going to be terrible in the long run, because they will wear out like your friend's 5 year old greasy Xbox controller analogue stick, except even worse. It's a terrible design trend.

Anyway, good mice to look into are any Zowie mice (great all-rounders, they've also now partnered with BenQ), Logitech G303 (has the best sensor of any mouse) and Rapoo V300 (very comfy shape and weight to use).

Some decent youtube channels to look at for mouse reviews is this one or this. Don't even bother looking at mouse reviews from big name youtubers, they're usually either sponsored videos or just spout nonsense because they don't know much about mice or competitive gaming.

Buy this mouse because I own it.

If you want to be helpful, at least provide some thoughts on why you have suggested a specific mouse.

Edited by Stalast

If you want to be helpful, at least provide some thoughts on why you have suggested a specific mouse.

​Google will tell you in far more depth than I'm able to why Zowie mice are so good.

The 3310 is one of the best sensors on the market and operates at multiple native settings, so you aren't tied to one CPI setting if you want to get the best performance out of the mouse. I've used an absolute shit-tonne of mice over the years and the FK1 is by far my favourite.

The only negative thing that I could say about it is that the feet wear down relatively quickly compared to other mice, but it comes with a spare set and you can pick more up online for next to nothing...

I've been playing with a Deathadder for 8 years (a deathadder for 6 years (still working) and a deathadder chroma for almost 2 years now). Never had any problem, I just change the pads sometimes. I don't have a high sens, so sometimes I hit my keyboard quite hard, but well, it still works : )

I like the touch of the chroma. I have a quite small hand so it totally fits in it.

I recommend it.

The FK is only good if you like the shape.

OP the Deathadder is fine, and I assume that means your preference is for bigger ergonomic mice? If that's the case then the Zowie FK isn't the right mouse for you. I have a Logi G400s for some things and it's a really great mouse you can get pretty cheap 2nd hand now. The g402 is very good too.

It's worth trying lighter ambidextrous mice for AFPS at some point though. It's just always made more sense for me to use a small light mouse in games where I flick the mouse all over the goddamn place. Currently using the original FK with the custom lens removed, and it's the closest thing to a wmo-killer for me.