Aerowalk v2.01

all cretids goes to Preacher and Hubster

Reflexfiles : http://reflexfiles.com/file/503

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMGSSrDJIUM

UPDATE 2.01

-teleporter fixes // thanks to Eldrek and dansen

UPDATE v2.0 

"MAD_JIHAD performance update"

-Jihad spend more than one hour for performance tweaks , Thanks !

-lots of changes cant remember anymore

Update 1.04

Archways, ceilling and lights update // thanks to dream and CrazyAl

some clips fixes again

added steam effect to windows // thanks to HeadBox

added little 3step curve to RA left and right elevator wall for simulate q3 corner glitch // thanks to Viscerated for idea

Update 1.01

Fixed Clip near ya/mega // thanks to Smilecythe and Eldrek

Fixed Clip near sg portal // thanks to Duck and chortas

Fixed end Camera  // thanks to chortas

Fixed all teleporters // thanks to abigguy

added jumppad like cpm22

adjust some lightsources 

toplight near gl-tele now smaller // thanks to dream

probably i ll remake jumpad like original one, but jumpad clip still visible in reflex

if you want to check untouched converted cpm22  : https://www.dropbox.com/s/m62m96yk9dt8cuu/cpm22_converted.map?dl=0

cCJdxpR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/J0xGjHI.gifv

Color palette

desryKg.jpg

8 minutes ago, Eldrek said:

As tired as I am of 22 this feels like home. Btw there is a spot where you can get stuck on the wall near YA

There is also a clip sticking out that you can stand on by the sg elevator tele.

Just walk towards the windows from mega health, you'll notice one of the clips (the one on your left on your screen shot) is 1 or 2 units outwards. Note that player models are now taller in Reflex, you get stuck in doorways and various places around MH/YA a lot easier with the 1:1 scale. Also keep in mind, Preacher made the original Aerowalk and Hubster remaked it for CPM/Q3, the brushwork credit goes to Hubster :P.

As far as the looks go, I was kinda hoping for a more original colour scheme/brush scheme for Reflex as the convert looks pretty much the same in CPM, Xonotic and Nexuiz. 

3 hours ago, hArD_a$$_nIqQa said:

anyone else getting performance issues on this? i get 125 on pretty much every map that is bigger/more detailed but my shit's dropping to like 90-99 when i look into the center of the map

To many overlapping lights. Turn off dynamic lights until the map is adjusted for performance I guess.

Updated 

Fixed Clip near ya/mega // thanks to Smilecythe and Eldrek

Fixed Clip near sg portal // thanks to Duck and chortas

Fixed end Camera  // thanks to chortas

Fixed all teleporters // thanks to abigguy

added jumppad like cpm22

adjust some lightsources 

toplight near gl-tele now smaller // thanks to dream

x7e9y3P.png

14 hours ago, Gangland said:

Were the doorways opened up/raised for the new model sizes?

11 hours ago, Smilecythe said:

Just walk towards the windows from mega health, you'll notice one of the clips (the one on your left on your screen shot) is 1 or 2 units outwards. Note that player models are now taller in Reflex, you get stuck in doorways and various places around MH/YA a lot easier with the 1:1 scale. Also keep in mind, Preacher made the original Aerowalk and Hubster remaked it for CPM/Q3, the brushwork credit goes to Hubster :P.

lastnight i play some cpm, and playermodels feels so small : d , doorways not a big deal, if people really want bigger ones i can replace nextupdate. also toplights more dangerous now.

added Hubster to authorstring ty

Update 1.04

Archways, ceilling and lights update // thanks to dream and CrazyAl

some clips fixes again

added steam effect to windows // thanks to HeadBox

added little 3step curve to RA left and right elevator wall for simulate q3 corner glitch // thanks to Viscerated for idea

YorwvKD.png

X9ZCo1E.png

14 minutes ago, Username said:

This is how more maps need to look, with minimal mesh usage.

It's difficult, because once you start with one mesh, let's say some random generator or a fan - the detail of that mesh will seemingly demand more detail around it. 

4 hours ago, Username said:

This is how more maps need to look, with minimal mesh usage.

I agree. As a community we have to ignore the devs intention regarding the whole visuals and just force our own wishes and demands on the game. In the end... what do they wanna do, right? RIGHT?!

5 minutes ago, NeuerGolf said:

Well the point of an open map editor is that the community can do whatever they want isn't it?

Sure, but at some point there will be somekinda official map-pool i guess, because matchmaking n shit... and i highly doubt that a crap looking map would make it in. Just a guess. And if a mapper simply doesn't wanna make his good playing map pretty ... because of whatever pathetic reasons .... it'd be sad.