Sign in to follow this  
destructor_rph

There need to be major weapon balancing changes

8 hours ago, destructor_rph said:

The only weapon that anyone uses is the rocket launcher because (besides maybe the rail gun) is the only thing thats reasonable to use. Any other weapon is useless against it. Also, i feel like plasma climbing should be faster.

Improve your aim with the Ion Cannon and Shotgun.

If youre constantly getting yourself into close up fights then the RL will seem like the best weapon. The IC and Rail are both perfectly viable at their respective ranges and in the right situations.

Its probably down to the way your playing and your accuracy with the hitscan weapons that makes it seem this way.

Also plasma climbs in this game are bananas and way faster and stronger than most games. I dont think it needs any more juice

everyone's mocking OP but what do you expect when it's harder to be effective with rockets compared to other "arena fps" games? ground movement is very quick (or slippery depending on your perspective) and in combination with the current knockback/physics and effectiveness of armor it makes rockets feel weak for a lot of new/average players

expect more threads like this as the playerbase grows since the mechanical skill required for effective weapon use in this is higher than in almost every other "arena fps"

it's not rightly or wrongly .. it's wrongly. 

On 1/19/2016 at 7:08 PM, hArD_a$$_nIqQa said:

everyone's mocking OP but what do you expect when it's harder to be effective with rockets compared to other "arena fps" games? ground movement is very quick (or slippery depending on your perspective) and in combination with the current knockback/physics and effectiveness of armor it makes rockets feel weak for a lot of new/average players

expect more threads like this as the playerbase grows since the mechanical skill required for effective weapon use in this is higher than in almost every other "arena fps"

"new" players find it harder to be effective with rockets because they come to reflex which is a game built from the ground up to be high skill. it's harder to be effective with *any* weapon, and it's meant to be this way. OP states that "non-rockets are useless" which paints him as a newb, and reflex is just not built for them. it's like crying about dark souls being hard. it's like, complaining that CoD is too easy. it's MEANT to be that way, that's why we mock him.

46 minutes ago, Sky said:

it's not rightly or wrongly .. it's wrongly. 

"new" players find it harder to be effective with rockets because they come to reflex which is a game built from the ground up to be high skill. it's harder to be effective with *any* weapon, and it's meant to be this way. OP states that "non-rockets are useless" which paints him as a newb, and reflex is just not built for them. it's like crying about dark souls being hard. it's like, complaining that CoD is too easy. it's MEANT to be that way, that's why we mock him.

obviously when i said "rightly or wrongly" i meant that it very well can be the case that they are wrong. i just do not see what is productive about piling onto new players who the game may or may not be right for and making it more likely that they quit. it's funny that people do this since most people that play the game have bought into it as The Next Big eSport lol

13 minutes ago, hArD_a$$_nIqQa said:

i guess im done with any kind of discussion regarding this game since most people who play it are thickheaded pedants. i genuinely hope, despite playing the game regularly, that it fails to ever garner a considerable playerbase. later

Surely taking the high ground and throwing insults is not a great way to form any discussion in the first place.
I agree with you that mocking new players perception of the game is bad. Directly calling people retarded and hoping the game fails is just as bad if not worse.