Sign in to follow this  
Camacha

[0.39.0] Game crashing on startup

After the very promising update, I cannot get Reflex to boot up again. I see the loading screen for a couple of seconds and then Reflex crashes to desktop. I have tried the following things:

- Verify game cache
- Delete then reinstall the full game
- Remove personalised configuration file

It appears the problem is identical to the issue in this thread.

I will not share a crash report due to the somewhat detailed nature of the information in it.

Manually deleting the contents of the game folder and then verifying the game cache, redownloading the game files that way, finally allows me to start the game normally. Whether that is an actual workaround or just something that happened to work this time I do not know. However, starting a map/server locally often results in simply returning to the 'Press escape to continue' menu.

This update seems to have its issues.

Seems there was some sort of messup in either your config files or worse in your LUA custom scripts so that a manual delete of the deinstalled folder (and that would contain exactly those files, i.e. leaving them behind) helped. I'd recommend very carefully reintroducing LUA scripts and the contents of the config files.

I recently did not have issues with either, so after a reinstall over the left over definstalled folder worked right away. But I don't use many LUA scripts and don't mess around with the config files to the extreme either. My gfx settings are pretty maxed out though.

4 hours ago, AEon said:

Seems there was some sort of messup in either your config files or worse in your LUA custom scripts so that a manual delete of the deinstalled folder (and that would contain exactly those files, i.e. leaving them behind) helped. I'd recommend very carefully reintroducing LUA scripts and the contents of the config files.

I have no custom LUA scripts and replaced my only lightly edited custom configuration file for a standard one. It seems that has not been the issue. Also note that I tried reinstalling the game and verified the game cache.