Pill_

Would you play in a CTF draft cup?

You totally should  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play in a CTF draft cup?

So lately pug activity has increased a lot in the EU, at least for CTF, which got me thinking, it would be fun to do a small CTF Cup. To prevent teamstacking shenanigans it would probably be a draft cup (meaning captains get assigned and pick their teams from all the participants before the tournament). NA-participants are encouraged, the more the merrier. Microphone is preferred but as far as I am concerned it's not mandatory. More players = better teams = more fun for everybody. Along the same lines, let's get hype people. Spam discord, spam servers, spam irc, spam every forum you can think of, preach at your local church, make people aware there's going to be a cup. I'll handle the organising side and I'll let the hype train handle itself if you catch my drift.

Please be realistic when you answer, or else I'll get all hyped for nothing. Don't break my heart D:

Just now, qufit said:

but I'm bad...

In my mind, this is less of a cup and more of a celebration of the fact there's an honest to god ctf community in reflex now. Sure it's small, but we get games almost every night lately. Bad or good, it's all about the <3

1 minute ago, HonkyTonk said:

Can we coin this into a ATDM cup? :ph34r: Way too bad for CTF.

I might participate if a team of shitters comes up where I can feel home :D

It's really isn't a problem if you're good or bad. This is all about having fun together. What's more fun than getting to know some new people? :)

20 minutes ago, Pill_ said:

What's more fun than getting to know some new people?

pwning n00bz of course!

I'll see if the german discord comes up with a team and fill there if they need more people. I just really cant into CTF, is all.

EDIT: nvm, it's supposed to be draft. I guess I'll sign up then :huh:

1 minute ago, HonkyTonk said:

pwning n00bz of course!

I'll see if the german discord comes up with a team and fill there if they need more people. I just really cant into CTF, is all.

I think you're misunderstanding the format. You sign up, everybody shows up for the tourney and then a few people are selected to pick the teams right then and there.

Sounds like it is going to be a lot fun. Interested to participate myself if stars align properly. Regardless, this is a great idea and hope it goes well!