Sign in to follow this  
arnold

[0.42.0] Can't connect to servers

On trying to connect to certain servers, the connection bar gets stuck on 0% and reads "Workshop download complete, awaiting server..."

Tried enabling downloads during game play, fresh reinstall, open firewall etc etc

This happens most prominently on reflexfps.net.au servers.

Hi, sorry for the belated reply.

Yes still happening on reflexfps.net.au servers, however the message is now "Querying Steam Workshop.."

I tried the fix from the other thread (allowing downloads during gameplay, manually starting download in steam [which is not showing in my downloads tab]) however the problem persists.

Are there any details I can give that'd help?

i just bought the game and i have exactly the same problem. extremely frustrating when i dont get to try it - cant even create my own server, problem persists no matter where i try to connect.

So odd thing happened tonight, I joined an Aerowalk server just fine, but when it changed map I got the same message and then couldn't connect to anything at all?? Aerowalk or otherwise, really bizzare.

On 11/05/2016 at 3:18 AM, shdw said:

i just bought the game and i have exactly the same problem. extremely frustrating when i dont get to try it - cant even create my own server, problem persists no matter where i try to connect.

If you turn off Steam Integration it'll work for sure, it's not a great solution though.

Arnold: try ensuring your whole workshop queue is empty. 

I think I've fixed the issue. I had an auto-updating schedule set (for data usage reasons) and it seems that reflex trying to query Steam counts as an automatic update and not a deliberate one?

Anyhow I disabled my auto-updating schedule and it was an immediate fix. Might work for you shdw?