Ypulsed

Rework Burstgun pls

since 2014-15 i am waiting for better pistol and it just got worse with time

The pistol we spawn with is the most awful weapon ever, 6 missile with random impact and high spread is not fun to use and it is very weak.I have no idea why is it even in the game.

Pls do something, its very annoying to play with this weapon, and kills the game for me.

suggestions:

1. make it a 1shot missile weapon like quake 2

2.or revert back as 2-3 missile, reduce spread a bit and no random impacts (this is the most important,fuk RNG)

3.or make it hitscan and no random impact

I dont even mind if u guys tweak the damage,if needed.All i want is u change how the pistol works.

I would like to see a consistent spread pattern, with maybe 5 shots in the shape of the 5 on a dice. Then make each do 8-9 damage, and lower the spread just a little. 30 damage is just nothing, especially when you hardly hit them all.

Just my two cents, if nothing else, I would like to see the random spread removed as well.

Only thing I don't like about the Burstgun would haveto be the RNG apread patterns. Perhaps either have it as a sequence of specified patterns, or a single spray pattern, but I wouldn't want an RNG weapon in a game like Reflex. Other than that, great weapon, designed to be the weakest, yet still gives a small fighting chance to hold off until you get your hands on a better weapon in the map :D

58 minutes ago, memphis said:

i think burstgun atm is the better it has ever been in terms of balance but IMO it's missing something: wall bounce, kind of flak cannon from UT.

I had discussed this idea a while back. They said it wouldn't be very good since there would be much more fluke/mistake kills rather than using pure skill. It's pretty hard to tell where the bullets will end up. Personally I'm still up for the idea though :P

On 23 April 2016 at 5:32 AM, tangy said:

I would like to see a consistent spread pattern, with maybe 5 shots in the shape of the 5 on a dice. Then make each do 8-9 damage, and lower the spread just a little. 30 damage is just nothing, especially when you hardly hit them all.

Just my two cents, if nothing else, I would like to see the random spread removed as well.

It does 42 damage

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

It does 42 damage

Oh really? I thought it did 6 pellets each doing 5 damage each, I thought I read that somewhere. I guess it said 7, my bad. In that case, I think the damage model is fine. 45 damage over 5 pellets each doing 9 damage would be a nice number though. Thank you for correcting me.

I really like where the BG damage is after the update. But I'm not crazy about the previous diverging pattern, or the new random spread. I understand the necessity to encourage moving for new weapons, but especially after playing a bunch of CTF over the weekend it really stood out as annoying when weapons were more scarce. 

Here's my idea for a rework, just for discussion not sure how it would play - 

Keep the same damage and pellet count, but change the pattern to a straight vertical line the height of a player model (spread within the first ~10 units). This eliminates the RNG, and makes the BG a viable (but low powered) risk-reward weapon. It actually gives you a fighting chance against other weapons (up close), at the cost of doing no damage for missing. It makes a new unique weapon style, which doesn't steal away from, or compete with a shotgun or a bolt rifle. The current projectile speed would ensure it stays a low-tier, close range weapon, but in true Reflex style, gives a massive advantage to the more skilled player.

Thoughts?

The burst gun is balanced but not fun at all to use and has no utility once you have a weapon or two.

I don't think MG added anything to Q3, but it had utility as a long range hitscan and QW's shotgun had utility slowing down or stopping people charging and as a good quad weapon.  

It needs some type of mild utility like knockback or possibly a more game changing one such as reflect, shield, wallstake, or a small boost jump. 

And it needs a fun factor such as a slow or fast projectile with an arc. Or just satisfying animation/sounds like CS's deagle.