Warven

Getting votekicked from a public server

14 hours ago, Premium said:

Just take a moment and think about how it is if you join a normal 1v1 server.

For the ones who can't:

1. You join

2. You see the game still lasts 10 min

3. You leave

Now imagine the situation you join an a1v1 server:

1. You join

2. Your see 2 players dueling each other

3. You get kicked

Same result, same amount of time wasted :/

I don't think you understand the a1v1 mode.

Plus, honestly, when you kicked me the first time, I really felt like shit. There is a difference between joining a 1v1 match, seeing that there is 6+ min on the clock, and leaving by your own decision because you don't want to wait, and joining an a1v1 server where you're supposed to be allowed to join in immediatly and play, and getting kicked like dogshit without any explanation.

What will you do when MM will be on ? Imagine a relatively new player getting matched against you in a1v1, eager to play with people of its own level, just to be removed from the game without any reason ? 

I don't think you realise how much of a dick move it is to kick someone from a public server. I've been playing online for a decade, and it only happened a handful of times, mostly by retarded russian players (no offense to the others nice russians out there ;)) or 10 years old kid.

Why do you think I created the topic in the first place ? Because it's the first time I ever encountered a bunch of stuck up players like you, and in such small community, it is not acceptable. Grow up.

25 minutes ago, Warven said:

analogy and such), that it makes a stand up dude like Linden offer to gives you a whole freakin' server to yourselves so you'll stop being toxic for the community. How about that for an example, huh ? 

I would add "until the match is over", if the score is so important to them. No need to ask them to leave, just waiting a few minutes is acceptable and would be well received I think (better than getting kicked, that is).

Thanks for the offer, server is running.

We'll still try to ruin peoples lives in the future tho, because we're bad people and not just friends who want to play their game.

Was nice to feel so much unnessecary hate for once tho. Before i have never been the bad guy in any community for the last 20 years. 

Anyway, good fight guys.

Looks like warven want to start the discussion from the very beginning, so just let me shorten it.

Basically I understand it's rude getting kicked instantly and I wouldnt be happy as well.

Of course we can ask politely, but sometimes we just want to play without waiting for someone to pick spectator mode.

When you think it shouldnt be allowed to play on a public server or A1v1-Mode as a separated group, let me tell you it is just possible and in my mind there is nothing wrong about it :/

To everyone who's feeling bad for being kicked, sometimes we just want to play only with the people we are talking to over ts or skype. There is no personal dislike against any kind of other players.

7 minutes ago, Elef4nt said:

We'll still try to ruin peoples lives in the future tho, because we're bad people and not just friends who want to play their game.

Was nice to feel so much unnessecary hate for once tho. Before i have never been the bad guy in any community for the last 20 years. 

Anyway, good fight guys.

Well maybe you should start asking yourself some questions then ? 

Good riddance.

1 minute ago, Premium said:

Looks like warven want to start the discussion from the very beginning, so just let me shorten it.

Basically I understand it's rude getting kicked instantly and I wouldnt be happy as well.

Of course we can ask politely, but sometimes we just want to play without waiting for someone to pick spectator mode.

When you think it shouldnt be allowed to play on a public server or A1v1-Mode as a separated group, let me tell you it is just possible and in my mind there is nothing wrong about it :/

To everyone who's feeling bad for being kicked, sometimes we just want to play only with the people we are talking to over ts or skype. There is no personal dislike against any kind of other players.

Honestly this is public online gaming 101. Want to play exclusively with your buddies ? Perfect ! Put up a private server and have fun ! I really don't know how you would think kicking people is okay in the first place. If it's not clear in your mind what is wrong about that, try empathy and good manners.

Anyway, you got your server now, and hopefully you'll understand your errors someday. Still, have fun playing the game. 

6 minutes ago, Elef4nt said:

Its more an emotiomal relief, isnt it? Or do you feel better cus now you can finally play a1v1?

...questions like "why now?"...?

I'm happy you'll be able to not be toxic to the community anymore, but I'm sadden that I had to start this topic in the first place. I mean, we're a small community, we all love afps, and we shouldn't have to do this. Coming from Q3 (as most of us I guess), it always was the most mature community I met, on any game. 

Reflex's dev are putting lots of effort to get this game going, and we should support them, not squabble over basic community behaviour that should be obvious to anyone. I hope you guys have fun on your own, and that you will see why you were wrong in the first place. No hard feelings, just a bit of saltiness over this episode.

55 minutes ago, Elef4nt said:

Its more an emotiomal relief, isnt it? Or do you feel better cus now you can finally play a1v1?

...questions like "why now?"...?

Why didn't you just ask people nicely if they can spec/leave?

I feel like this thread should be closed.

People are not even willing to read 2 comments above and ask same questions.

This topic got more attention that it needed. 

Also, now some people want to start it all over again instead of just reading what is posted already...

50 minutes ago, Grybzt said:

I feel like this thread should be closed.

People are not even willing to read 2 comments above and ask same questions.

This topic got more attention that it needed. 

Also, now some people want to start it all over again instead of just reading what is posted already...

Yup, I think we reached the end here. Guys got their server, saltiness was evacuated. We should move on.

2 hours ago, Warven said:

I'm happy you'll be able to not be toxic to the community anymore, but I'm sadden that I had to start this topic in the first place. I mean, we're a small community, we all love afps, and we shouldn't have to do this. Coming from Q3 (as most of us I guess), it always was the most mature community I met, on any game. 

No hard feelings, just a bit of saltiness over this episode.

I understand your point of view.

Please notice that i (or we) never intended to be toxic. As an ex q3cpma 24/7 okidoki arena 5on5 arena dm6 player i know what you're talking about considering community matureness and consistence. I always felt comfortable in this (felt like) elitist community with friendly people creating it. Its special, and im glad even tho i didnt have the feeling we were, that this percepted toxicity finds its end now.

Your salt shouldnt be nessecary anymore, lets get over it.

I want to add apologies at the end and ask for forgiveness, as i honestly thought it wouldnt be a big issue in the first place... to have enraged you (warven) feels retrospectively harmfull to my karma... 

Have a good time in reflex, this is an awesome game, sorry for having scratched on the beautifully polished environment this game had built up by the community and the devs.

Greetings from berlin germany

Elef4nt 

42 minutes ago, Elef4nt said:

I understand your point of view.

Please notice that i (or we) never intended to be toxic. As an ex q3cpma 24/7 okidoki arena 5on5 arena dm6 player i know what you're talking about considering community matureness and consistence. I always felt comfortable in this (felt like) elitist community with friendly people creating it. Its special, and im glad even tho i didnt have the feeling we were, that this percepted toxicity finds its end now.

Your salt shouldnt be nessecary anymore, lets get over it.

I want to add apologies at the end and ask for forgiveness, as i honestly thought it wouldnt be a big issue in the first place... to have enraged you (warven) feels retrospectively harmfull to my karma... 

Have a good time in reflex, this is an awesome game, sorry for having scratched on the beautifully polished environment this game had built up by the community and the devs.

Greetings from berlin germany

Elef4nt 

Like I said, no hard feelings, and I'm not one to hold grudges. Apologies accepted of course, your karma may be restored now ;) 

Okidoki was the bomb ! I used to be LanVegaS at the time (LvS), so much nice memories over there :) 

Have fun, lets support the devs and each other, and blast rockets through our faces sometimes !

Cheers.

Nice you managed to find a solution, maybe we can continue playing reflex now.

To devs, it would be nice if the votekick functionality would be tweaked in some way so we can prevent drama in the future also. So Linden doesn't need to give free servers to all friend groups wanting to play together ;D

22 hours ago, Elef4nt said:

Anyway, good fight guys.

your attitude is exctly what we do not need in reflex.