Sign in to follow this  
Moon

Perflexia - defrag map

Play Perflexia Now! https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxq81i9w5w2rlm1/Perflexia_dfrag%28re%29.zip?dl=0

I wanted it to be for friends to compete and see who can complete the course the fastest or at all. 

Please type "map perflexia_dfrag" in console to play.

*UPDATE*   There are now check points. Plus minor fixes.

QEUHNEJ.jpg

you can over strafe the second, third and fourth cyan pad.

When you are designing a race platform you want to assume they went as far as they couldve gotten, and then give a little bit of breathing room in terms of units. For instance in the first room you have the proper altitude and distance if you stand next to the double jump things, but if you get a running start and hit the double jump platforms while you are already airborne you go over the next platforms.

You shouldn't have to redo the entire course if you die unless the gist of your map is suffering. If they have a bad completion time, they have a bad completion time.

If it's supposed to be a torture map you should make sure you can go straight from jumppads to the finish and skip the telejump and air control pillars

nice signature and good work however~ I'd like to see another after this one is polished.

Thank you Duster. I will be working on polishing it up and fixing these platform positions. I have already fixed it so you no longer start back from the beginning if you fall. 

Nice, thanks for the work.

Any chance you could record a walkthrough video with cl_show_keys 1?

Would help a lot with learning all the jumps.

Thank you, my pleasure. 

Might i jump in with a bit of constructive criticism?

The first set of platforms drives me nuts, in the sense that its really hard to maintain momentum and not to fall off. I understand that the small size is to increase dificulty, however it just means that i can't keep increasing speed because i jump over them. The only way for me to traverse the first bit is to barely strafe at all :)

Same problem is with the blue strafejump platforms over the lava, i usually have to steer myself to the side a bit at the 5th platform otherwise i overshoot it.

The fall right after it.. bit hard for me but fair.

The blue pillar set with U-turn over acid - i usually overshoot the last one before the teleport, but with enough speed i hit the port platform so i dont really have to slow down.

During the last bit near the end, need to strafe to first one about half a meter away from the edge so i dont overshoot it, then decrease my speed otherwise i miss the third.

Obviously the complaints i have are related to the way i run so everyone elses mileage may wary. Love the map, just wanted to give you my 2c.